Role: Airline Research Manager
Salary: Up to £75,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits
- Developing thought leadership and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
- Client-focused research: You will work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industy
- With the wider Accenture Research Travel team, collaborate with global Travel leadership to shape strategic growth priorities and program.
- Help the global Travel practice drives sales and client impact; develop strong relationships with key Travel account teams, with particular focus on Aviation client teams.
- Lead a team of researchers focused on the global aviation industry and supporting Accenture’s global Aviation practice.
- Work closely with the Travel IMDs, Travel Marketing and Capability teams to help support the development of Accenture Travel thought leadership, marketing content and training materials
- Develop close relationships with key practice subject matter experts and thought leaders
- Help shape annual budgets for Travel related research content and sources
- Develops provocative point of view on the Travel industry and our clients, through market analysis and creative use of data
- Works directly with the global Travel management team on affecting the overall business strategy and market positioning
- Initiates highly differentiated market messages through thought leadership, compelling industry point of view and innovative research design and execution
- Develops innovative research. Proactively introduces innovation to senior Travel leadership and clients
- Recognized as an industry expert by the Travel leadership team, and co-owns the industry narrative
- Expertise sought after by senior leadership within the Travel practice
- Publishes regularly through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels such as business reviews
- Has a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence
- A core member of the global Travel Industry Leadership team – critical ability to operate at the executive level
- Research focused on Accenture Business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
- Credible and seen as thought leader and industry expert when presenting work and discussing issues with clients and external market.
- Shapes & manages complex research programs of work with global scope and manages related budget
- Partners with leadership-level stakeholders in business (IMDs, Strategy MDs, GP MDs, etc.)
- Credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts.
- Collaborative working style
- Talent magnet and role model
- Coaches and mentors junior researchers on projects
- Track record in research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including: familiarity with key Aviation and Travel relevant data sources, financial analysis, strategic frameworks and survey research. Experience in economic modeling would be an advantage (but not a requirement)
- Subject matter expertise across the Travel sector with a focus on the Aviation industry (key players, industry benchmarks/KPIs and major industry trends) and/or Travel Services + Hospitality
- An understanding of the role of data, digital and technology in disrupting the Travel sector in general and the Aviation industry in particular
- Strong data and analytical skills with a proven understanding of how we creatively leverage data to drive business outcomes
- Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to senior executives
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proven ability to manage people and research projects
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence) and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
Research/ professional services experience
- Work experience in a global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research government agency
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.