Role: Procurement Sourcing Manager, IT and Telecoms
Salary: £60k to £75k depending on experience plus exceptional benefits
Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders, of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
We are currently seeking a Procurement Manager - IT & Telecom who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Accenture – an employer that enables you to make a real difference.
The Procurement Manager - IT & Telecom should be a collaborative and results-oriented Sourcing Manager with expertise in a wide range of IT/Telecom categories to work with Fortune 500 clients to develop and execute sourcing strategies that support each company’s business goals while achieving optimal pricing, quality and service levels.
The key aspects and responsibilities of your role will be:
- Identify cost/productivity improvement opportunities in IT/Telecom spending across a wide array of leading companies
- Lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
- Pursue and develop senior level stakeholder relationships at priority accounts; support account stakeholder relationship plans
- Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring that the IT/Telecom sourcing team is supporting overall company direction and growth
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the development and execution of global sourcing strategies
- Drive regional category strategy, in support of a global approach, contributing to overall IT/Telecom growth and delivery commitments
What skills, qualifications and competencies do I need?
- Fluency in English, any other language is desirable
- Deep knowledge of sourcing and/or category management process within Fortune 500 organizations
- Strategic sourcing/procurement experience, specifically in the IT & Telecoms category and associated sub-categories
- Deep sourcing experience preferred in all of the following IT spend areas:
- Experience running large complex sourcing initiatives from start to finish with proven ability to meet deliverables
- Ability to conduct complex opportunity assessments and deliver client facing business case
- Develop sourcing strategy for customer approval Define sourcing and contracting process for customer approval
- Develop supplier evaluation and selection criteria as part of agreed procurement strategy
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Experience working with client stakeholders to analyze and identify needs, building out the client solution and driving the deliverables to completion
· Gravitas while working with VP and C-level stakeholders
· Client facing consulting experience with business development accountabilities desired
· Acumen in new product/capability development
· Proven track record of success in identifying and addressing client needs
· Established work experience in client-facing engagement delivery and thought leadership
- Excellent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal clients
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of
services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and
operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more
than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s
largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and
technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable
value for their stakeholders. With 482,000 people serving clients in more than
120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works
and lives. Visit us at
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 28/02/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.