Role: Communications Senior Manager – Corporate Functions
Salary: £68,000 - £83,000 + benefits
Closing Date: 24th December 2019
YOUR ROLE: Communications Lead – Corporate Functions
- Role will initially be deployed primarily to Accenture’s Chief Counsel, with an opportunity to work across multiple corporate functions as well.
- Develops and manages global strategic people communications programs that directly impact employees, leaders and all Accenture people.
- Ensures that communications meet the needs of diverse audiences with varying degrees of knowledge and interest.
- Ensures mission-critical messages communicate accurate, timely, strategically-relevant information appropriately to target audiences.
- Interprets strategic direction (Leadership 2025) to help achieve organization goals.
- Acts as trusted communications advisor for corporate function leader in all things people Communications.
- Makes decisions that may impact areas outside own area of specialization.
- Seeks to expand use of internal, supported digital tools to optimize efficiencies from creation through publishing.
- Provides solutions to complex business challenges.
- Manages other communicators and contractors to complete deliverables.
- Responsible for development and execution of related communications plans as required.
- Provide communication guidance and support for meetings.
- Provide support for corporate function communications to the business. Coordinating closely with various function leads and their teams to ensure an integrated, global people communications effort in support of business objectives.
- This role coordinates closely with and cross-supports people communications for the Finance, Business Performance, Geographic Services, Risk Management & Quality corporate functions.
- Extensive Overall Communications Experience
- Critical thinking/business judgment: identify the business issue/implications; ask the right questions; use logic, reason and evidence; understand intent and offer a way forward
- Develop integrated communications strategy in the context of the business need: goals, segmentation, messaging, creative/channel direction, and early measurement thinking
- Use audience-centric view; always offer innovative thinking—push to try new things
- Leadership presence: comfort working with senior leaders
- Provide communications counsel to senior leaders and business team
- Communications Development and Execution
- Flesh out communications plan: specific channels/tools/digital environment, digital requirements assessment, naming requirements, metrics
- Writing and editing key messages, talking points, digital style (short and sweet; headlines focused on message; informal, social style), content curation, storytelling (in general; for pages/slides/scripts)
- Develop creative (core idea/content emphasis, creative brief, imagery), fully aligned with latest brand strategy and campaigns
- Define and manage review process for communications development
- Manage and execute communications (postings, distribution, events, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze measurement/feedback (including using measurement tools/metrics specific to individual digital applications); adjust strategy, plan, content and comms
- Develop and execute digital communications: digital pages, imagery and graphics, video, briefings/presentations, social media content/interaction
- Employee/Internal Communications Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Some travel required. Must be comfortable working in a highly matrixed organization and across multiple time zones and cultures.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing date 24/12/2019
Accenture reserve the right to close the role prior to this date should the suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.