Role: UKI Payroll Manager
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 + excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
What will the role involve?
- To provide direction, oversight and management of the payroll function for Accenture UK, Accenture Ireland and Avanade, ensuring the Payroll team’s full understanding of, training in and compliance with all payroll processes.
- Ensure payroll systems and processes are regularly reviewed and updated in line with Accenture, regulatory and statutory requirements, and so that processes are as efficient and automated as possible to eliminate duplication and potential for errors.
- Ensure that the payroll is run accurately and that all employees are paid on time whilst complying with statutory and Sarbanes Oxley obligations.
- Work effectively, supportively and in a timely way with all stakeholders including HR, Finance, Information Security, Global Payroll Lead and the UKI Payroll off-shore team.
The role holder is responsible for establishing, operating, monitoring and improving the local information security systems, processes and governance, the intent of which is to manage the information security risk faced by the information systems and data assets within UKI.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Ensure all payroll operations and processes are compliant with UKI statutory and regulatory requirements, Accenture Global Payroll policies, Accenture Information Security and Governance requirements and other company policies.
- Ensure all internal controls are performed during payroll processing to meet the audit requirements including Sarbaynes Oxley and SAO controls.
- Ensure the payroll team is briefed regularly (weekly and monthly meetings) to review current payroll processing requirements and any upcoming events.
- Ensure payroll operations including resourcing all payroll functions run smoothly and any issues are managed, resolved and reported in line with policy. Resolve any escalated queries.
- Ensure BACS release for all payrolls is checked and Cash Payments instructed to release funds from the Accenture/Avanade bank accounts, ensuring employees are paid on time and that funds are available in the Accenture/Avanade bank accounts.
- Ensure Payrolls are checked and signed off in line with policy to ensure employees are paid without error and statutory and internal requirements are met.
Payroll Team Leadership
- Lead, motivate and develop both direct report(s) and the full payroll team to ensure all service, regulatory and performance standards and expectations are met.
- Recruit, select, on-board, manage performance achievement and develop potential, ensuring that all HR requirements and company policies are carried out on time and in full.
- Role model management of the Performance Achievement and Career Counselling tools and process, holding regular meaningful conversations and one-to-one meetings with direct report(s), providing feedback, coaching and mentoring to develop and maintain engagement, skills and capability across the team, ensuring that team members who supervise others manage their direct reports to the same high level of quality and rigour.
- Recognise and foster strong performance looking to develop and retain high potential individuals. Flag these people or relevant opportunities and development and factor into succession planning.
What Skills and Experiences are we looking for
- CIPP membership and qualification (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals)
- Up to date knowledge of payroll best practice, legislation and regulation, tax compliance, TUPE, V&As, redundancy calculations, severance tax requirements, sickness absence, maternity pay, etc.
- Information Security and Governance
- Project management and continuous improvement experience and capability
- Experienced and capable team leadership and management
- Standard work hours of Monday-Friday 09.00-17.30 apply, although a flexible approach is required when considering global teams and critical milestones and timescales
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.