Role : Infrastructure Services Engineer (12 month FTC)
What responsibilities will you have
- Respond to calls logged via IT Service Desk, or in person, administering solutions to known problems and diagnosing and documenting undefined problems as they occur.
- Diagnose and document calls logged to the Local Support team through the appropriate call tracking system.
- Support Accenture’s network infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Local Area Network (e.g. access switches, wireless access points, wireless controllers and cabling)
- Wide Area Network (e.g. core routers, firewalls and 3rd party network links)
- Services (e.g. Cisco phones, Skype for business devices, video conferencing units)
- Ensure that all work carried out conforms to Accenture policies and standards.
- Ensure that all network infrastructure equipment is asset tracked and records kept up to date.
- Work on projects and implementations of new services as required.
- Provide input into all required reports both scheduled and ad-hoc.
- Provide support to our printer and MFD estates.
- Also support HP software and liaise with external third parties to resolve printing issues.
- Maintain the printer fleet and look for opportunities to improve printer performance.
- Provide second and third line technical support for a number of OS and software applications including Windows operating systems for servers and PCs, Microsoft SQL Server, VMware, IIS as well as the administration of UKI organisational units within Active Directory.
- Provide support, help and advice to users on Accenture’s IT environment, channelling the majority of queries through agreed support channels.
- Provide support for the existing VMWare ESX and ESXi environment highlighting and implementing maintenance that the environment needs ensuring that the environment is functioning correctly.
- Build effective relationships, and act as the Technology Services customer champion in all respects to deliver customer excellence.
- Effective team collaboration across our AWS, Technology Services through meetings, use of collaboration tools and shared repositories for sharing best practices and successful service delivery.
- Actively connect to Accenture’s collaboration culture (e.g. set up profile on Accenture Stream, join relevant Circles, use collaboration tools such as video conferencing/skype for business, etc.).
- Share knowledge with others in own team and wider workforce using the agreed Accenture collaboration tools (e.g. post and respond to questions that are in own sphere of expertise on the Accenture stream).
- Proactively collaborate with others in own team and the wider workforce to ensure delivering value to clients and to Accenture (e.g. act as trusted advisor and make suggestions on the best way of delivering service in own area of expertise)
- Be a key contributor and change agent towards continued process excellence initiatives within the team.
- Proactive identification of issues that are seen in the environment, successfully communicating these to the required audience, helping to drive resolution and raise awareness.
- Maintain understanding of and champion IT Services, functions and costs relating to the workstation environment. Be able to apply this information at point of customer interaction
- Proactively take part in new product and service pilots both globally and locally, provide effective feedback, disseminate information within the team.
- Document processes and make suggestions, where appropriate, to improve them, ensuring they are relevant and up to date for the tasks associated to the role.
- Keep abreast of and update the team on new technologies and innovations in the PC environment, internally and externally to the business.
- Certification to Cisco CCNA or Juniper JNCIA is required; further accreditation to CCNP or CCNP Voice would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge and experience is required of:
- LAN/WAN protocols, technology, networking principles (for example VLANs, DHCP, DNS, routing, TCP, UDP protocols).
- Cisco or Juniper or Aruba Architecture and equipment.
- Microsoft Skype for business or MS Teams
- IP Telephony & Unified Messaging Systems.
- Cisco Video Conferencing solutions, including Cisco Telepresence.
- Windows, IOS and OSX operating systems.
- The job holder requires a good knowledge of Contact Centre technologies and previous work experience in call centres.
- Hands-on experience of installing/configuring/ replacing network hardware components is required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA IL - Chicago
Tech Arch Cloud Transformation Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA CA - San Francisco
Finance & Risk-Operational Risk Manager
USA IL - Chicago
Tech Arch Cloud Strategist Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.