Role: Incident Response Consultant
Salary: £47,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Security Practice and you will become part of the one of the fastest growing areas of the business with significant growth plans through additional recruitment and acquisitions. The Application Security Consultant provides advisory and technical support to help our clients improve their Information Security posture to respond to the rapidly evolving Cyber Security threats. You will provide information security subject matter expertise and utilize your business acumen to work collaboratively with our clients to advise, design, build and implement pragmatic security solutions.
Our Cyber Incident Response practice is rapidly growing and we are hiring mid to very senior level incident response professionals to work with our F100 enterprise customers. With our recent acquisition of iDefense and EndGame we continue to enhance our IR, forensics, threat intelligence, and red teaming capabilities.
At FusionX, you will be part of a specialised team to respond to some of the largest and most complex data breaches around the world. You will work in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Manage end to end incident response investigations with Accenture’s customers
- Identify and investigate intrusions to determine the cause and extent of the breach, leveraging threat intelligence sources
- Conduct host forensics, network, forensics, log analysis, and malware analysis in support of incident response investigations
- Identify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures to develop indicators of compromise
- Hunt customer networks with indicators of compromise, looking for evidence of a compromise
- Properly scope engagements, participating in engagements from kick-off through remediation
- Preserve and analyse data from diverse set of data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, networks and mobile devices
- Develop and implement remediation plans in conjunction with incident response
- Form and articulate expert opinions based on findings
- Maintain proficiency with security standards, tools and practices
- Produce comprehensive and accurate oral and written reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Effectively communicate and interface with client, both technically and strategically from the executive level, to client stakeholders and legal counsel
- On-site, client travel will be required for this position, with the requirement to travel up to 50%
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Expert knowledge of forensic file system and memory techniques and use of the most commonly used toolsets, such as dtSearch, EnCase, and FTK Suite
- Deep technical knowledge of methods utilised for evidence collection, maintenance of chain of custody and associated documentation, evidence storage and analysis and evidentiary reporting
- Experience with IDA Pro, OllyDbg, other disassemblers/debuggers
- Detailed knowledge of Windows & Unix based operating systems and administrative tools
- Windows disk and memory forensics
- Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Network traffic and protocol analysis utilising tools such as Wireshark
- Thorough understanding of cyber security operations, security monitoring, and SIEM tools
- Strong knowledge of incident response, forensics and investigation processes
- Applied knowledge of security controls such as authentication and identity management, security enhanced network architectures and application based controls (including Windows, Unix, and network equipment)
- Excellent time management, writing and communication skills
- Strong analytic, qualitative, and quantitative reasoning skills
What academic qualifications do you need?
Bachelor's Degree or relevant investigative experience.
What’s in it for you?
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business, technical and professional skills development. You will have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in Cyber Security. The sheer variety and scale of work we do, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform to build a career. In addition, our growth, combined with our integrated career counselling, offers great opportunities for rapid advancement.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/11/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Business Transformation Advisor - Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Mobile and Web Apps Developer Consultant (ALL LOCATIONS)
Business & Technology Integration
Global Travel, Aviation Consulting Manager 2
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.