Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
What responsibilities will you have?
The Associate Manager will oversee and direct all HR activities provided to specifics groups of employees by the Field HR team who support them.
The individual will supervise a small team of People Advisors, who provide generalist HR support to specific client groups within Operations, and will work closely with them, providing support and guidance on all operational HR activities as required. The individual may also have operational HR responsibility for a small number of employee groups themselves where appropriate. There is an expectation that travel may be required, particularly to London and Newcastle.
The individual will be involved in managing many projects/initiatives, which may include:
· Serve as a main point of contact and managing relationships with stakeholder groups and key individuals
· Execute key HR processes within Field HR, i.e. performance management, exit management, grievance management and career moves through internal role posting
· Review and deliver employee orientation and induction
· Execute Reward processes-including annual process and variable pay process
· Design and implement local employee engagement and recognition programs for the DTE in line with the entity strategy
· Handle and oversee complex employee discipline and grievances, consulting with ER as appropriate
· Manage and advise on people change programmes, including TUPE transfers
· Use reporting and analytical information to drive insights to inform talent strategy
· Facilitate team work and process integration across the team
· Leading of a small team of People Advisors ensuring career planning and development for employees
· Coordinate, deliver, prioritize and manage escalation of all activities executed by the Location HR and People Advisor teams
· Act as delegate for HR Manager
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Must have relevant HR generalist experience including TUPE, complex Employee relations and performance management
- Deep human resources service delivery experience within a Consulting / Outsourcing business environment.
- Experience leading a team
- Strong data management and analysis skills, intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Ability to relationship build at all levels, skills in conflict and change management
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good business acumen and an ability to mediate between business and people priorities essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills plus strong coaching and partnering capability combined with the ability to influence
- Human Resources Degree, or business management related discipline or experience
What academic qualifications do you need?
· Human Resources designation/certification preferred or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30 November 2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.