Role: Legal Counsel – Complex Contracting
Salary: Dependent on experience, plus car allowance and excellent benefits package
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Decades of commitment to innovation and deep client knowledge define Accenture’s reputation in its field as a forward-thinking leader in its space.
Whether leading the charge in block-chain innovation, artificial intelligence and digital transformation and execution, Accenture is a go to point for global talent.
The work is varied and at the cutting edge, with the Legal team helping to drive the transformation of Accenture in the new digital world. Underpinning this is a requirement for high legal technical standards partnered with strong client-centric stakeholder management skills, adaptability and the interest and curiosity in helping the legal and contracting aspects of the new digital world.
You will become part of a diverse Legal team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Leading and supporting all legal aspects for negotiating and closing Accenture’s complex deals, including drafting, strategy, risk and mitigation analysis, internal reviews and liaison with all Accenture subject matter experts in their various disciplines. Required to work as a leader and as part of legal and cross-Accenture opportunity pursuit teams
- Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support junior transactional lawyers
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company's transactional practices
- Educate company executives in regard to legal and risk management issues
- Represent company's interests and interface directly with client counsel and negotiating teams
- Strategize with company executives prior to client negotiations
- Structure client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Counsel, advise, and consult company executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity
- Develop internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on various legal and business issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one or more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Strong transactional experience in consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- An understanding of Intellectual Property issues as they apply to consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Independently manage drafting transactional documents and correspondence
- Able to present alternatives and proposed solutions
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to apply judgment to broaden influence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Good grasp of new age technology e.g. AI, RPA, digital, analytics and cloud, or genuine interest
- Private practice experience desirable not essential
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Qualified Solicitor with a strong PQE
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/12/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.