- Perform PC upgrades where required using defined internal processes, including data backups and restore.
- Perform imaging of workstations (both laptops and desktops).
- Respond to and resolve in person second line IT incidents logged via our global IT Service Desk, providing solutions to known incidents and problems for our internal customer base, diagnosing and working to resolve undefined problems as they occur.
- Effective incident queue management with ownership of logged incidents via current call logging toolsets (Remedy/Service Now). Prioritise ticket resolution workload on predefined Service Level Agreements.
- Awareness and correct use of key escalation points for both PC hardware and software incidents and service provision.
- Ensure good knowledge of all PC hardware models in the environment, including specifications and internal customer PC model eligibility criteria.
- IT support for events such as new joiner inductions and VIP meetings when required.
- Input where required to the successful delivery of team KPIs.
- Support internal bespoke support environments where requested.
- Working effectively with required external suppliers who are used to deliver components of our service, such as data recovery and IT consumable provision.
- Regularly review processes utilised within the team, propose and implement improvements with necessary approvals to ensure processes remain relevant for the Local Support team.
- Build good trust based relationships with key customers & customer groups when providing support needs. Ensure that two-way feedback is maintained relating to our services, products and current customer priorities, challenges and requirements.
- Ensure that a strong customer service ethos is provided as part of support provision requirements.
People Development and Relationship Management
- Effective team collaboration across our support teams both locally and globally through meetings and use of Skype, the Stream, Circles and shared repositories.
- Maintain effective working relationships within wider Technology Services team, specifically own team, Ireland team counterparts and UK Enablement team to ensure successful service delivery and optimisation.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant global and local teams who provide the components of our overall service provision. Ensure these teams are correctly utilised and understood. Proactively share support best practice and known solutions to help the resolution of incidents and problems.
- Active participation in team meetings and other communication vehicles.
- Proactive identification of workstation issues, successfully communicating these to required audience, helping to drive resolution and raise awareness.
- Be aware of and understand IT Services, functions and costs relating to the workstation environment.
- Proactive championing of our IT products and services with a view of increasing understanding, adoption and productivity of our customer base.
- Proactively take part in new product and service pilots both globally and locally, provide effective feedback, disseminate information within the team.
- Act as a technical resource for key technology projects when required.
- Document processes and make suggestions, where appropriate, to improve them, ensuring they are relevant and up to date for the tasks associated to the role.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations in the PC environment, internally and externally to the business.
- Dynamically provide support and cover for other colleagues where required.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding and awareness of the core CIO Products and Services which Technology Services offer, be aware of the correct paths to self-educate and reference further detail.
- Be cost aware, ensuring focus is maintained in providing the right costed solutions for our customers.
- Ensure that appropriate cost recovery of our products and services is effectively communicated and actioned correctly to customers using set process and tools.
- Basic understanding of PC asset database (FNMS) reporting with the ability to extract simple reports to show volumes of specific models in the UK estate.
- Contributing to an effective PC asset management process, ensuring PC assets used are accurately tracked, updated within our asset management database and are physically secure.
- Provide regular assistance where required to our enablement team for other asset management requirements in order to contribute to our overall asset management KPI’s.
- Manages Accenture provisioned IT assets and equipment, working to agreed processes, polices and security standards using knowledge of internal service operations and business requirements.
- Working knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems (7 & 10) environment.
- Working knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience of laptop/desktop environments.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office environment.
- Working knowledge of hardware break/fix component replacement of Laptops.
- Good working knowledge of general technical troubleshooting skills.
- Deployment and troubleshooting knowledge of Apple operating systems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products to the following levels:
Excel - Intermediate
Word - Intermediate
PowerPoint - Intermediate
Microsoft Outlook - Intermediate
- Understanding and use of ITSM Remedy/Service Now, or equivalent incident management toolsets.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
Data Architect Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Corporate Citizenship Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Google Data Engineer
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.