Role: Resources Strategy Consultant
Salary: £ 53,000 - 65,000 + benefits
Closing Date: 02/10/2019
Join Accenture Strategy and help develop strategies for leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Technology is the major disruptor of our age. Technology is changing competitive landscapes and creating new opportunities for almost every organization. This situation plays directly to Accenture's strengths. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future. We are fantastically well positioned to help our clients address the strategic opportunities presented by technological change. It’s a very exciting place to be!
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that we can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different from any other strategy firm in the market.
As an Energy Consultant, your functional areas of focus will include, but not exclusively
- Zero Based Budgeting Supply Chain (Strategic Cost / Profitability Optimisation)
- Corporate Strategy
- Digital Strategy
- Operating Model
An Energy Strategy Professional:
Develops energy strategies by assessing the client’s business challenges, diagnosing root cause problems, running global benchmarks and recommending an approach leveraging Accenture assets:
- Benchmarks client operations regionally with its international operations and with competitors
- Models and analyses financial data to support large scale cost reduction programmes, utilising functional and cost category benchmarks, process definitions and enterprise value targeting tools
- Reviews and shapes organisation designs
- Helps clients Merging and Acquiring targets, pre or post M&A
- Helps clients improve their ability to drive business outcomes through digital planning, reporting, and analytics
- Determines how clients can harness digital and emerging technology solutions to power their energy strategies (including via RPA, IoT, Blockchain, Analytics, AI)
- Refines and optimises the client's ability to organise and analyse financial, operational and external information to create substantial shareholder value
- Maintains an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, the COO ecosystem and broader marketplace
- Establishes and strengthens client relationships
- Contributes to thought leadership and leverages the skills of other strategists throughout the strategy practice (Upstream, Downstream, Renewables, Business Strategy, M&A, Technology Strategy and others) to enable cohesive delivery of strategic solutions
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Experience in working in Energy, Renewables, Utilities, High-Tech (including Aerospace & Defence), Investment banking and Logistics
- Ability to analyse complex client problems, understand financial performance links between operations, supply chain and corporate results and think strategically to create a benefit/business case
- Digital/technology awareness including artificial intelligence/Machine Learning, intelligent automation, IoT, blockchain and analytics
- Strong strategic thinking and team building with a proven track record in driving business outcomes for large clients
- Ability to structure ideas and solutions, to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to develop new concepts and break-through thinking
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 02/10/2019
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
National SAP Supply Chain Technology Senior Consulting Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA IL - Chicago
Capability Network CFO&EV Finance Manager
USA VA - Alexandria
Federal - Data Scientist
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.