Role: HR People Advisor Senior Analyst
Salary £33,000 - £38,000 depending on skills and experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
The People Advisor serves as a primary connection between Human Resources and the employee, providing high quality coaching and advisory services to employees and line managers in order to optimize the employee experience. The People Advisor leads HR generalist activities for approximately 300 Technology employees working across multiple client locations in the UK.
The incumbent would be required to work with multiple stakeholders and leadership teams across Technology on HR initiatives associated with these groups. There is scope in this area for the right candidate to make an impact.
Key activities include:
· Serve employees throughout the HR life cycle (i.e., from start through departure)
· Coach employees and line managers in people-matters
· Coach and advise employees and managers in career planning and development
· Drive performance achievement and bring it to life for employees
· Provide performance support and coaching for employees
· Responsible for delivery of Employee Engagement and People programmes and activities
· Handle employee discipline and grievances, consulting with ER as appropriate
· Manage change and transitions in a non-standard environment
· Support TSC team in ensuring employees are scheduled
· Provide high quality coaching and advisory services to employees and line managers in order to optimize the employee experience
· Coach and advise supervisors and career counselors to become more effective in handling people matters
· Serve as a primary connection between Human Resources and the employee
· Serve employees throughout the HR life cycle covering enabling execution of key processes, job design, transitions, performance achievement, recognition, discipline/grievance, mobility, leave management, absenteeism management, exit management, compensation.
· Enable delivery of Employee Engagement and People programs and activities
· Support standard and DTE specific reward and the recognition program administration
· Assist the Reward team in delivery of the compensation process as and when required
· Drive performance achievement and bring this to life for employee population
· Facilitate career planning and development; coach and advise career counselor and supervisors to manage career development
· Handle employee discipline and grievances and consult with ER as appropriate (review grievance case details, check policy, establish course of action and discuss approach with employee, facilitate informal resolution)
· Manage absences and return to work, monitor individual and group absence and reduce absenteeism
· Manage individual and group departures
· Share best practices across people advisor teams
· Effective collaboration with team in the delivery of People Advisor roles
· Enable line managers to be effective people managers
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Bachelor degree with a focus in Human Resources Management or Business Management related discipline
Human Resources designation/certification preferred
Human Resources generalist experience
Deep human resources service delivery experience
Solid understanding of Accenture’s business operations and business strategy
Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
Strong coaching and partnering capability combined with a demonstrated ability to influence
Experience in building successful and productive working relationships
Experience managing complex people change programmes
Experience working in a unionized environment
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 06/09/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.