- Provide local support, training and monitoring for Accenture’s legal compliance programmes, and help to develop and implement our UK compliance and risk management strategy
- Ensure we meet our legal and regulatory requirements as we operate, sell and deliver our services
- Mitigate and manage risk by working with the Employment Law, Litigation & Disputes, and Corporate Investigations Teams
- Navigate government and political relations and anticipate trends and issues by partnering with the Government Relations team and local leadership
- Assess relevant immigration, employment, corporate, tax, treasury and other aspects for our newer and more complex work
- Integrate companies we have acquired with our corporate and compliance operations, working with other stakeholders to implement any restructuring needed.
- Provide legal support for all our local operations and corporate functions including HR, Marketing, Procurement, Finance, Corporate Citizenship
- Evolve our global holding and local corporate structures and operations to meet our changing commercial and financial objectives
- managing and coordinating our UK Geographic Legal team from our City Place House office in London
- working closely with senior leadership in UK (including the Country Managing Director and heads of our Corporate Functions) on legal issues facing our UK business
- staying up-to-date with relevant legal and business developments that affect Accenture, our clients and the sectors and areas in which we work
- creating and sharing guidelines, toolkits, training and processes on various legal and business topics
- managing local external counsel support
- working collaboratively with the rest of Legal and other corporate function and business stakeholders
- behaving with Integrity, Respect for the Individual and Stewardship and demonstrating Client Service while also helping to ensure our people work in line with Accenture's Code of Business Ethics.
- Qualified as an England & Wales solicitor with an extensive PQE gained in a similar corporate role with increasing responsibility, preferably including an in-house corporate or transactional role in a fast-paced global organisation in the services, IT or Consulting industry
- A deep knowledge of core Legal areas, in particular corporate law, commercial contracting and compliance (in particular, anti-corruption and data privacy)
- Solid knowledge of employment, intellectual property law and a good understanding of litigation and disputes work
- Good knowledge of current regulatory environments, procurement laws, and preferably other knowledge related to Contracting, Procurement and Business Ethics.
- Excellent team and stakeholder management skills.
- A strategic and business-focused outlook with an ability to self-start and to operate comfortably within a global, multi-layered organisation in a continuously evolving role.
- Experience of successfully managing teams of Legal professionals and external Law Firms.
- Good collaboration and communication skills; ability to give advice in a clear and understandable way.
- A strong executive presence and ability to work well with senior executives.
- Ability to combine legal knowledge with good commercial awareness to ensure advice is relevant to the business activities and environment.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information quickly and identify associated legal risks and solutions.
- Ability to build rapport with professionals from various cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to provide advice that is user-friendly, balanced, objective, lawful, well-reasoned and pragmatic.
- Ability to operate in situations that are sometimes ambiguous and that lack clear responsibilities or reporting lines.
- Time management and prioritsation, to enable you to meet the needs of your stakeholders and enjoy your work.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Content Moderation Associate - Bilingual: Spanish/English (Austin, TX)
Business Process Delivery
Identitiy & Access Management Consultant
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Procurement Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.