Role: Strategic Growth Initiative Legal Counsel Manager
Location: London (Other locations will be considered)
Salary: £81,500 - £100,000 plus car allowance
The Accenture Digital Legal counsel focuses on supporting Accenture Digital, which delivers services to clients using cutting edge technologies including prescriptive marketing analytics, artificial intelligence and internet of things and which includes a number of proprietary Accenture software offerings based on such technologies. See https://www.accenture.com/us-en/digital-index for more information about Accenture’s Digital business.
Key areas of focus:
- Working with the Accenture Digital teams to evaluate and prepare new offerings for market, with varying deal structures that include consulting services, software as a service, and licensed software (including mobile apps), in different geographies and different industries and regulatory environments
- Learning and understanding the technology related to the offerings well enough to properly document both client and supplier transactions
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex client and supplier technology transaction agreements
- Developing strong relationships within both the Accenture Digital and Legal organizations
- Developing clear communication messages, guidance, templates and trainings regarding the offerings for sales and go to market teams, offering development teams, technical teams and the legal teams that lead the contracting efforts with clients
What Skills and Experiences are required?
· Degree and active member in good standing of the Bar
· Commercial transactional experience in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transactions or military group
- Experience leading legal support in drafting and negotiating technology focused client facing and/or vendor facing agreements (i.e. software as a service agreements, software license agreements, software development agreements, consulting service agreements and /or technology focused outsourcing agreements)
- Functional understanding of legal issues surrounding bringing new offerings to market in a legally compliant manner
- Knowledge of IP and open source software
- Prior experience working as a commercial lawyer or litigator for a product or manufacturing company.
- Interest in technology, especially cutting-edge technologies. Interest in or prior experience with cloud computing, software embedded in devices, artificial intelligence, and/or the “internet of things” is a plus.
- Pragmatic and practical approach to legal advice and legal support
- Skilled at explaining legal issues and the real-world impact of the issues in a way that is understood by non-lawyers
- Strong negotiation skills, including internally within the company and with customers or suppliers
- Skilled in anticipating obstacles and developing innovative solutions in alignment with business strategy
- Deep skills in contracting and drafting
- Understanding connection between in-bound agreements and client-facing agreements
What’s in it for you?
All our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Closing Date for Applications 30/11/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
National SAP Supply Chain Technology Senior Consulting Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA IL - Chicago
Capability Network CFO&EV Finance Manager
USA VA - Alexandria
Federal - Data Scientist
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.