- Working with the Accenture Digital teams to evaluate and prepare new offerings for market, with varying deal structures that include consulting services, softwareas a service, and licensed software (including mobile apps), in different geographies and different industries and regulatory environments
- Learning and understanding the technology related to the offerings well enough to properly document both client and supplier transactions
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex client and supplier technology transaction agreements
- Developing strong relationships within both the Accenture Digital and Legal organizations
- Developing clear communication messages, guidance, templates and trainings regarding the offerings for sales and go to market teams, offering development teams, technical teams and the legal teams that lead the contracting efforts with clients
Degree and active member in good standing of the Bar
Commercial transactional experience in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transactions or military group
Experience leading legal support in drafting and negotiating technology focused client facing and/or vendor facing agreements (i.e. software as a service agreements, software license agreements, software development agreements, consulting service agreements and /or technology focused outsourcing agreements)
Functional understanding of legal issues surrounding bringing new offerings to market in a legally compliant manner
- Self-starter, prepared to work in start-up/entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong professional presence and ability to work effectively with senior business leaders to influence and make significant decisions
- Good judgment, an ability to prioritize and make decisions, and spot and mitigate risks
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Good organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Thrives in a constantly changing environment by showing high adaptability
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- In-house experience
- Knowledge of IP and open source software
- Prior experience working as a commercial lawyer or litigator for a product or manufacturing company.
- Interest in technology, especially cutting-edge technologies. Interest in or prior experience with cloud computing, software embedded in devices, artificial intelligence, and/or the “internet of things” is a plus.
- Demonstrated business/commercial acumen
- Pragmatic and practical approach to legal advice and legal support
- Skilled at explaining legal issues and the real-world impact of the issues in a way that is understood by non-lawyers
- Strong negotiation skills, including internally within the company and with customers or suppliers
- Skilled in anticipating obstacles and developing innovative solutions in alignment with business strategy
- Experience with data licensing and monetization strategies
- Deep knowledge of privacy and other regulatory issues around data
- Deep skills in contracting and drafting
- Understanding connection between in-bound agreements and client-facing agreements
- Understanding of or willingness to learn applicable regulatory landscapes and the effect on product development & deployment
- Ability to travel up to a few times a year
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Customer Experience Senior Manager
Customer Experience Manager
Boomerang- Senior Digital Strategy Planner
Portfolio and Delivery Management
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.