The UKI Change and Insights Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, managing and executing delivery of change projects. Projects can run both across UKI and globally, supporting the GS Lead change agenda.
The role is based in the FORM principles: reviewing data for insights, developing a story or compelling case for change and then working with stakeholders in an agile and collaborative manner to implement change or provide further analysis. Outputs are reviewed for scaling opportunities and to ensure ongoing enhancement of reporting.
Every change journey will be driven with insights that come from various data sources (alongside qualitative policy, legal, best practice or tax information) and will be rooted in driving cross-Accenture business improvements. These improvements range widely from reviewing our health providers, to helping configure our tools and processes to increase profitability or supporting changes to our processes resulting from legal changes. The role brings with it constant new and exciting learning opportunities and challenges.
It is best suited to somebody who thrives on dealing with complex business problems, identifying opportunities for change and working at pace with stakeholders at senior levels in the business to drive change through.
The UKI Change and Insights Manager reports to the UKI Strategic Programs, Operations and Data Insights Lead.
Operational Management and People Management and Development
- 1-3 direct reports. Also required to develop and support “virtual” teams with resources deployed to deliver projects. Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams, including being an accessible point of escalation. Mentor and provide guidance to project resources
- Proactively assign work and provide instructions, advice and technical/business leadership and guidance to team members and project resources; review work in progress in a timely manner
- Provide performance feedback to career counsellors using the performance achievement process
- Link into the latest change management and analytics thinking; to build best practice and leading-edge results within the team
Project/Program Management & Change
- Work with the UKI Strategic Programs, Operations and Data Insights Lead to make recommendations on which opportunities should or should not be pursued based on the value of the opportunity versus the complexity and sustainability of the required change
- Scope project requirements pulling from qualitative and quantitative sources to ensure the business drivers for change are fully understood and can be tracked and delivered
- Define client requirements on all change initiatives, complete project charter to initiate projects in conjunction with clients to ensure brief of project requirements are understood and resourcing decisions can be made
- Establish and maintain a project plan, including resource requirements, timelines and deliverables. Manage each project according to the plan in order to avoid project slippage, scope creep, or unplanned budget spend. Drive completion within agreed timescales, budget and to the quality expectation of the client stakeholder
- Identify and track project risks/issues and implement risk mitigation strategies as appropriate to ensure on time, within budget and quality project delivery
- Manage change requests resulting from a change of scope, or due to Q&A; whilst ensuring that projects are still delivered in a timely manner
- Proactively manage and monitor status in an effective manner; escalate issues to management which cannot be resolved at the program/project level. Prepare reports and presentations as required to communicate to management and stakeholders, status report on project as required highlighting issues for management attention, including issues, risks and budgets.
- Manage all aspects of assigned budget, manage activity to monitor and report expenditure against forecast to achieve results within target and demonstrate financial control, ensuring compliance with Accenture’s procurement and payment policies
Data Driven Change Insights
- Direct the Data Insights team in leveraging data to identify opportunities to drive business improvements, policy compliance or address broader business risks
- Constantly work to bring together relevant data and information from multiple sources and teams, in a way that’s easily accessible and understood, rather than complex and hard to action
- Embed any agreed data driven actions within a change programme, to enable the business to take action and deliver results
- As needed provide coaching to stakeholders and project team members so that they can use the insights to drive action
- Escalate to leadership as required when opportunities or issues are not promptly addressed by the appropriate part of the business
- Where appropriate work with the Enterprise Insights and Global Mobility teams to industrialise any reports that have been identified as long-term business requirements, rather than short term strategic analysis
- Ensure any BAU reporting remaining within the team is periodically reviewed to confirm relevance and assess opportunities for improvement
- Create and maintain stakeholder relationships to promote active use of BAU reporting; ensure all outputs meet customer requirements and add value
- Oversee maintenance of Smart Spending Portal site, PMO Support Pack and My Spending Portal card to ensure content remains up to date and relevant
- Ensure appropriate support is provided by third-party teams for both the Smart Spending SQL database and UKI My Spending Portal card
What Skills and Experiences are required?
- The successful candidate should be able to deal with complex business problems, work at pace and be capable of working with stakeholders at senior levels within the business to drive change and identify and address any identified issues and risks.
- The successful candidate should also demonstrate creativity and flexibility when creating and driving project plans and estimates, scope and requirements from implementation through to deployment.
- They will proactively manage and report on the execution of deliverables and master communications across multiple stakeholders aligning priorities and direction.What’s in it for you?All our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!What are the next steps?If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.About AccentureAccenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.Closing Date for Applications 31/07/2019Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.