This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.What responsibilities will you have?The Associate Manager will oversee and direct all HR activities provided to specifics groups of employees by the Field HR team who support them.The individual will supervise a small team of People Advisors / Senior Analysts, who provide generalist HR support to specific client groups within Technology, and will work closely with them, providing support and guidance on all operational HR activities as required. The individual may also have operational HR responsibility for a small number of employee groups themselves where appropriate. There is an expectation that travel may be required, particularly to London and Newcastle.The individual will be involved in managing many projects/initiatives, which may include:
- Serve as a main point of contact and managing relationships with stakeholder groups and key individuals
- Execute key HR processes within Field HR, i.e. performance management, exit management, grievance management and career moves through internal role posting
- Review and deliver employee orientation and induction
- Execute Reward processes-including annual process and variable pay process
- - Design and implement local employee engagement and recognition programs for the DTE in line with the entity strategy
- Handle and oversee complex employee discipline and grievances, consulting with ER as appropriate
- Manage and advise on people change programmes, including TUPE transfers
- Use reporting and analytical information to drive insights to inform talent strategy
- Facilitate team work and process integration across the team
- Leading of a small team of People Advisors ensuring career planning and development for employees
- Coordinate, deliver, prioritize and manage escalation of all activities executed by the Location HR and People Advisor teams
- Act as delegate for HR Manager
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Comply with Accenture standards, procedures and policies
- Coordinate/implement a key initiative, process or change
- Meet deliverable requirements/service level measures/specific targets
- Reduce/Manage risks to tasks, activities or projects
- Build skills (self or others) needed to execute responsibilities
- Effectively coach/counsel others and provide feedback to improve performance
- Maximize individual/team productivity to build or maintain a high quality team
- Promote teamwork and a positive work environment
- Establish self as expert or key contributor
- Increase client/customer or user satisfaction
- Make/propose improvements to work products, services or processes
- Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems.
- Typically creates new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor or team leads. Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Manages medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
- Note: Knowledge and/or experience of working with trade unions would be an advantage in addition to the challenges of working with newly acquired organisations
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Human Resources designation/certification preferred or equivalent
Closing Date for Applications 31/8/2019
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.