Role: Accelerated Research and Development Services (ARDS) Senior Manager
Salary range: £88,000 - £119,000
Travel: Up to 100%
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
Join Accenture Consulting and you’ll work alongside fellow industry experts to lead transformational projects, and define cutting edge solutions, solving our client’s most complex issues. And because our clients span the full range of industries - Including 94 of the Fortune 100 - you’ll have the opportunity to pursue your passion, hone your expertise and deepen your knowledge.
As a Consulting practitioner you’ll work with clients to improve the way they conduct R&D in the process of developing new drugs. The work you do will help provide innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies focus on the science of getting new products to patients faster - across research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. By joining Accenture’s ARDS team, you will embark on a fast paced career path to Managing Director that will allow you to utilize your deep industry experience and specialized skills to design, sell and lead industry defining transformation programs. In this role you’ll use your expertise to drive opportunity—for the company and for yourself—while maintaining the flexibility you need to keep your career ahead of the curve.
Products Technology – Accelerated Research and Development Services
ARDS spans all five of Accenture’s businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients. Are you ready to help our clients to solve business problems by designing, building and implementing strategies and operating models that enhance business performance? Do you want to help the biggest brands understand how business, technology and operations intersect and help them simplify their existing IT investments, better connect them to the rest of the business and improve their agility? Are you capable of leveraging progressive business ideas and emerging technologies to drive and deliver transformational change?
If yes, then ARDS is the place for you to grow your reputation as you become an Accenture leader!
As consulting practitioners, we work to simplify and accelerate the journey from early research to regulatory approval and throughout the product lifecycle. We leverage our deep industry experience and customer insights to improve business outcomes and help our clients bring life-saving medicines to market. Our practice draws on:
- 3,000+ skilled R&D professionals across 30+ offices
- 1,000+ people with industry experience at a Top 50 pharmaceutical company
- 50+ years combined experience in R&D Consulting, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance and Clinical data services across more than 26 therapeutic areas
As an ARDS Senior Manager, you’ll often be:
- Solving key business problems and challenges by enabling Pharma R&D transformation, painting a picture of, and charting a journey from the current state to a “to-be” enterprise environment.
- Advising organizations on how to pivot to the “New IT”, enabling flexibility and adaptability within our client organizations through Agile and Multi-Speed IT.
- Overseeing the production and implementation of R&D technology solutions
- Helping to develop and expand the Pharma R&D consulting portfolio through thought leadership and opportunity identification.
- Called upon to apply your solid understanding of Pharma R&D technology solutions and disruptive technologies, including the following:
- Deep experience with processes and technologies associated with two or more of the following R&D domains: Research, Clinical, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs and Regulatory
- Excellent client facing skills and working with clients for the following types of activities: business process design, key configuration workshops, GAP identification, RICEW identification, Functional Design, Test Planning and Test Execution.
- Deep experience leading project teams across various consulting projects including Mergers and Acquisitions, R&D Transformation and Road mapping, Digital R&D, Clinical Standards etc.
You will have experience with most of the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher
- Technology Consulting or Management Consulting experience, preferably in a top tier consulting firm
- Life Sciences industry experience with demonstrated understanding of key Pharmaceutical R&D processes and technologies
- Proven experience leading teams, clients and vendors using your exceptional team building, mentoring, people development and management skills
- Scoping and delivering technology innovation services
- Application of design thinking as an approach to solving client problems
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships with the ability to identify and articulate the value of new business
- Comfort conveying both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way ideas are presented to better address varying social styles and audiences.
- Pharma R&D advisory services
- Passion for technology trends e.g. Mobility, Cloud, Digital, Collaboration
Set Yourself Apart: Preferred Skills:
- Deep experience within one or more of the industries.
- Deep experience within one or more of the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Chemical industries.
- Experience working with Life Sciences R&D executives applying excellent client-facing communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- An ability to challenge a client's thinking by diplomatically providing an objective and independent point of view.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- An ability to identify opportunities based on your deep understanding of our offerings and our client’s issues.
- Experience managing large teams through complex situations, adapting quickly and helping others navigate change.
- Experience structuring activities that play to a team's strengths and provide opportunities for others to grow.
- Experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions and closely partnering with clients to regularly confirm expectations are met and value delivered.
- Clear understanding of key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry.
If this sounds like the role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a
leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of
services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and
operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more
than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s
largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and
technology to clients improve their performance and create sustainable value
for their stakeholders. With approximately 459,000 people serving clients in
more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the
world works and lives. Visit us at
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant(s) be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Engineering Team Consultant
USA GA - Atlanta
AD9 Workday Data Certified Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.