Role: Software Sourcing Manager
Salary: up to £65k per annum depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
Accenture Procurement Operations are seeking a talented Software Sourcing Manager to manage sourcing and contracting of software licenses and services across the region for Accenture Operations and for delivering services to our Clients. The Software category manager should have specialisation in AI/RPA and Security region.
The Software Sourcing manager will have responsibility for sourcing activities in the Technology category on behalf of the stakeholders (both internal/external) within Europe and Globally. You will be expected to understand the client requirements, identify, plan and deliver sourcing initiatives, and take responsibility for delivery against agreed targets for the software category together with the Sourcing manager. The software manager will need to manage work with peers in USA and EMEA on larger projects or to take advantage of existing contracts. You will also be responsible for a Global Tower, managing the AI/RPA and Security purchases.
These responsibilities include the following:
· Lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
· Work with senior level stakeholders to lead and execute strategic sourcing projects including strategy development, RFQ RFP execution, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
· Communicate frequently and professionally with customer stakeholders regarding the status of the procurement aspect of the project including creation of Statement of Work and other sourcing and contracting documents.
· Participate in initiatives aimed at improving productivity and efficiency to support company and account growth.
· Develop and mentor people, act as a career counselor and create a high performing organization, foster relationships, resolve conflicts, etc.
· Keep up to date with new processes technologies, look for ways to be more innovative
· Provide accurate and useful project reports or issues status reports
· Work with team members to enhance their business and category knowledge
· Offer creative solutions to support sourcing projects and achieve desired results.
· Ensure the consistent delivery of sourcing services that meet and exceed savings targets
· Establish and cultivate key client stakeholder relationships across organizations, building trust and support for each sourcing projects.
All of the preceding could include coordination with Accenture Delivery Center resources for delivery of these functions. The individual should also have extensive client and supplier interaction, potentially with both program leadership and operational teams from these groups who may be based in the US, Europe and Asia. Additionally, other related categories and duties could also fall into this individual’s scope over time.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Experience in Procurement in the Information Technology space
- Experience in Project Management, sourcing, vendor selection and management experience generated through work with one or more of the following:
- Major consulting firm delivering Strategic sourcing services with an IT/Telecom focus.
- Fortune 500 consumer products, financial services, or retail firms supporting their sourcing procurement initiatives in IT/Telecom
· A Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, business, finance, economics, engineering or mathematics from a top tier university
· Ideally Professional procurement qualification, e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply or equivalent
· Deep knowledge of sourcing and or category management process
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide range of IT Software suppliers
· Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple end to end project cycles
· Excellent communication, organization time management and problem-solving skills
· Proven team management skills, coaching team members in the art of Negotiation and Contracting
· Solid multi-phase project management skills
· Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/04/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 1 day ago
Infor/Lawson Global HR Consultant (H&PS)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
USA CO - Denver
.net C# Developer
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.