Job Title: Data Science Consultant
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £53,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
Closing Date: 03/05/2019
Digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Interactive (think commerce, content, marketing, experience), Industry X.0 (ioT, Mobile Devices and Apps, Platform and Services) and Applied Intelligence (Big data, AI, Visual analytics, etc). At the forefront of digital, you’ll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. We are not just focused on increasing revenues – our technologies and innovations are making millions of lives easier and more comfortable. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on. There will never be a typical day at Accenture Digital, but that’s why people love it here. You will be working with famous brands and household names – no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
What responsibilities will you have?
- Exceptional creativity at solving unstructured and unseen problems using data and analysis;
- Good hands on-experience using Machine Learning, Statistical Modelling and quantitative analysis. Clean, aggregate and interpret data in preparation for analysis;
- Support the delivery of client work with analytical modelling and the development of new client opportunities;
- Devise reusable assets and solutions for trending and client business problems;
- Support clients who seek to develop their predictive capabilities in the context of a broad range of business functions;
- Establish the approach to be used by data scientists to address a client business problem;
- Support and consult on complex analyses and support the develop business cases in conjunction with industry and/or opportunity analyses.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Using R, SAS or Python to turn complex datasets into actionable insights;
- Bash scripting including sed, awk, cut, uniq, sort, tr;
- SQL & No-SQL Databases;
- Experience of Machine Learning and Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive, etc.;
- Knowledge in one or some of the following: Linear Algebra, Statistics, Graph theory, Network analysis, Algorithms, Probability, Markov chains/hidden Markov models, Classification and regression techniques, Matrix factorization/singular value decomposition.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 03/05/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Medical Policy Support Associate Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA NY - New York
Finance & Risk - Liquidity Risk Manager
Workday HCM Manager - Northeast Region
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.