Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location: London, but must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK and occasional overseas
Remuneration: £35,000 to £70,000 depending on experience
Job Sector: Accenture Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Career Levels: we have roles available across a range of Accenture career levels including Analyst, Senior Analyst, Specialist and Associate Manager/Manager Levels
Key responsibilities may include:
- Understanding end to end cloud infrastructure solutions and the relevant application overlays, and being able to adapt new solutions based on existing standards and best practices
- Good understanding of overall delivery lifecycle and supporting methodologies and processes
- Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that a cloud infrastructure design or technical environment meets security, resilience, and performance requirements (technical and functional)
- Identifying and maintaining configuration changes to infrastructure such that it adapts to and maintains the new design requirements
- Understand and adhere to change management systems and other relevant governance processes to comply with different client requirements
- Interacting with client stakeholders as part of or on behalf of an Accenture team, or being embedded into client teams as part of an agile scrum delivery
- Being able to influence key stakeholders and put forward compelling rationale to support architectural or delivery decisions
- Leading, motivating, mentoring, and developing technical teams in order to achieve successful deliveries, satisfaction, and capability growth
- For more senior applicants, a strong commercial awareness and business acumen will be advantageous
What we're looking for
The Implementation Services practice provides a community of Cloud Infrastructure Architects, Engineers, and Implementation Specialists, driving robust architectures, high quality and excellent delivery capability on Cloud Infrastructure projects across our global client base.
Our Implementation Services practice is involved in the whole life cycle of projects, right from the drawing board and technical presales activities all the way through to low level design, testing, implementation, and operational handover.
Our ideal Cloud Infrastructure Tech Arch and Implementation Specialist will be a passionate individual with a keen and diverse fundamental technical understanding, robust hands on capability, and experience of working in mission critical and challenging client environments.
Junior candidates are expected to have demonstrable experience in at least one of the following areas, with more senior candidates providing expertise across multiple areas and a strong understanding of how technologies fit together to deliver relevant business solutions to our clients:
· IT Security including Next Generation Network Security and Identity and Access Management
· Data networking foundations in Routing and Switching, with an additional focus on Software Defined Networking, Software Defined WAN, Application Delivery, etc.
· Collaboration technologies such as Cisco xCaaS, Microsoft Teams, AWS Connect, Zoom, etc.
· Cloud Native services from major Public Cloud providers and equivalent Private/Hybrid Cloud infrastructure stacks
· Infrastructure as Code, Scripting / Automation, Tooling pipelines, etc.
Candidates are also expected to have strong interpersonal skills, a keen interest in the business application and relevance of technology, and a willingness to work outside their comfort zone and learn new skills.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA NC - Charlotte
Banking Regulatory Analyst
USA TX - Dallas
Provider Relations Recruitment & Retention Representative - Dallas
Business Process Delivery
Industry X.0 - IIoT Digital Practice & Offering Delivery Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.