Role: Customer Consulting Manager (Utilities)
Travel: Up to 100%
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
Make delivering truly innovative work part of an extraordinary career – join Accenture Consulting and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Coupled with this, we will provide you with an unparalleled opportunity to grow through the sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and through the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges. We bring unmatched industry knowledge, client experience, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to solve our client’s hardest questions and deliver upon their strategic objectives. We do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations. As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses to our clients.
What responsibilities will you have?
As a consultant within Accenture's Utilities practice you will play a critical role in helping our clients on a variety of challenging, interesting and innovative engagements (ranging from short term strategic initiatives to multi-year transformation projects) in an increasingly competitive Utilities market. No two days are the same in consulting… But you can expect to:
· Follow the latest business and technology trends looking into the future and working with truly cutting-edge technologies today
· Explore in collaboration with our clients (Business, IT and external stakeholders) to get to the heart of their business and industry challenges
· Draw upon our Global network of industry experts and your own experience to define, develop and deliver pragmatic, cost-effective solutions
· Deliver tangible results through the delivery of your solutions – managing client relationships and leading small teams of people
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Accenture is looking for outstanding individuals who have consulting experience bringing a strong foundation of consulting skills and project experience. You should also have experience working within the Water Utilities industry and an appreciation of the business challenges faced by these utilities today. We are looking for retail passion and an understanding of retail market dynamics, key customer trends and how digital technologies are transforming the utility industry and customer’s expectations.
Successful candidates will have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- UK water market and associated regulation e.g. water market competition, price review cycle, service incentive mechanism (SIM)
- Customer Strategy and Customer Experience: segmentation, channel strategy, customer journey improvement
- Customer Operations Transformation: operational effectiveness, contact centre improvement / transformation, digital channel management, people and operating model change, analytics driven insight development, process improvement
- Customer Service Improvement: improved customer satisfaction, reduced cost to serve
- Customer data analytics or an understanding of the best practices of key customer KPIs for service and sales function of an organisation
- Initiative identification, technology roadmap development, product selection, channel management, CRM and other systems delivery
- Knowledge of emerging digital technologies and their impact on service and sales strategies
We are looking for candidates to bring some or all the following functional skills:
· Structured and innovative problem-solving skills with a deep analytical capability
- Well-developed quantitative skills to draw insights e.g. financial analysis, market data analysis etc.
- Project management and experience with delivery methods such as Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
What academic qualifications do you need?
· Bachelor's Degree preferred
You will be challenged by:
· Working with our diverse client base to solve their most difficult problems
· Delivering truly innovative work on the back of emergent technologies
· Working across multiple geographic locations and workforces
· Teaming with high calibre Accenture colleagues
· Access to our global knowledge and capability network
What’s in it for you?
The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career – as one of our Consulting professionals you will receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. Our learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation.
On top of growing you, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If an extraordinary career delivering innovative work to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world sounds like the ideal match, click below to apply now.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
IT Business Analyst
USA CA - San Francisco
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Absence/Time Tracking Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA GA - Atlanta
Accenture DayNine- Workday Certified Delivery Lead Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.