Job Location: London
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00665367 00665367_en-GB
Role: Sourcing Lead, Logistics
Salary: Up to £65,000 depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are currently seeking a Sourcing Lead, Logistics who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Accenture – an employer that enables you to make a real difference.
The Sourcing Lead, Logistics will be considered as a Subject Matter Expert amongst their peers in one, or ideally more of the Logistics sub-categories (road transport, ocean/air freight, warehousing etc.) in the EMEA region.
The Sourcing Lead, Logistics will use their subject matter expertise to provide day-to-day management of logistics sourcing streams, executing a seamless and integrated sourcing process that delivers upon key client requirements. In this capacity, you will be based in the London office and will collaborate with team members and Fortune 500 stakeholders across the EMEA region to drive significant value.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
· Further develop your deep category expertise to continuously deliver added value to clients and advance career opportunities
· Gain exposure to senior level client stakeholders and build a network of professionals within and outside of the company
· Work collaboratively with Sourcing Leaders and Category Management teams to expand understanding of end-to-end program management and delivery
· Contribute to sales pursuits and growing the Accenture Procurement BPO business.
The key aspects and responsibilities of your role will be:
· Facilitate and project manage a procurement process to support sourcing for clients
· Provide subject matter guidance and strategic direction to existing Accenture clients, as well as during the sales process with prospective clients.
· Ascertain and execute the procurement approach that drives greatest value for the client
· Ensure the consistent delivery of sourcing services that meet and exceed savings and SLA targets Manage all aspects of sourcing projects according to team, account, and budget guidelines
· Establish and cultivate key client stakeholder relationships across organizations, building trust and support for each sourcing project
· Seek out opportunities to drive creativity and innovation within each sourcing project, while ensuring adherence to quality and timeliness standards
· Promote corporate objectives and change initiatives, ensuring Logistics sourcing team is supporting overall company direction and growth
What skills, qualifications and competencies do I need?
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/04/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.