Role: Oracle Application Consultant - Retail / Products
Travel: up to 100% mobility
Salary: £50,000 – 65,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make identifying, shaping and delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience.
As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses (Strategy, Digital, Consulting, Operations and Technology) to our clients to provide unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth with end to end solutions
With the increasing complexity of Business in the 21st century, enterprise technologies and practices that enabled success are reaching their limits. Our Products Technology Consulting practice provides advisory and delivery expertise to major Life Science, Retail, Consumer Goods, Travel and Automotive firms in order to help our clients pivot to the new by injecting new technologies, new methodologies and new ways to deliver innovation to the business.
Key features of the role
We are currently seeking to recruit Oracle Enterprise / Transformation Architect Consultant who is able to help shape, sell, and lead major Oracle programmes from drawing from a breadth of Oracle platform products (Industry, ERP, Technology). You will have a passion for continued learning and career alignment with Oracle. You will demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, embrace innovation and be adaptive to change. As a team player with experience leading others, you can bring out the best in those around you and encourage sharing of knowledge and best practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to pre-sales, origination, and asset development activities
- Run an area within Programme Scoping and Initiation phase
- Help define the delivery approach for an Oracle Transformation Programme
- Run the Solution Blueprinting and Process Transformation aspects of an area of an Oracle Transformation Programme
- Supporting integration and data analysis, and shaping solutions to these based on the newest technologies
- Take a lead/product role within Agile/SAFe Delivery structure to deliver the Transformation for our clients
What we're looking for
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference to our clients are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape. As an Oracle Enterprise / Transformation Consultant you will require to have the following experience;
- Previous Consulting experience, with appropriate client-facing manner
- Familiar with pre-sales, origination and commercial concepts/ approach
- Experience with a range of delivery methodologies, including Agile and SAFe
- Ability to analyse complex situations and quickly identify the key challenges, opportunities and/or levers for change
- Architecture/functional experience in a range of the following platforms:
- Oracle ERP, preferably Oracle Cloud – Financials, HR/HCM, Supply Chain, Manufacturing
- Oracle Enterprise Planning & Management EPM Cloud (Hyperion)
- Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations
- Oracle Retail Planning, Optimisation, BI
- Oracle Retail Commerce (XStore, Order Broker, Order Manager, Commerce Cloud)
- Oracle CRM (Service, Sales, Marketing)
- Oracle Industrial Management (Primavera)
- Oracle (and other relevant) PaaS Integration platforms
- Oracle Cloud PaaS Technologies (Database, IaaS, Analytics)
- Oracle JDEdwards, Oracle PeopleSoft, and conversion to Cloud ERPPrevious experience in programme scoping and initiation phase
- Products industry (Consumer, Retail, Life Sciences, Manufacturing) experience is desirable but not essential.
What other qualifications or skills do I need?
- Educated to Bachelor's Degree level
- Proven success of working as part of a team and leading teams or individuals
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Understand and translate client requirements into solution definition, observing experience of standard industry process best practice.
- Ability to effectively communicate the implications of complex technical concepts to senior, non-technical audiences.
- Market-recognised programme and portfolio management, or other relevant certification, (e.g. PMI, PRINCE2, Leading SAFe, Certified Scrum Master)
- Confidence in presenting challenging points of view to client audiences.
What's in it for you?
All our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 305,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant(s) be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Microsoft - Technology Consulting - Senior Manager - Southwest
USA MD - Greenbelt
Federal - SOC / Security Engineering Deputy Lead
Property & Casualty Insurance Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.