Role: Data Engineers and Junior Data Architects
The Accenture Data Business Group is the driving force behind a wide range of our client focused data solutions. We work with our clients to deliver their Journey 2 Cloud transformations, encompassing Transactional and Analytics solutions through to Data Veracity, Data Science and Data Management Strategies
We have exciting opportunities across the range of data specialisms which would particularly suit Data Engineers and Junior Architects who want to progress to the next level
Are you looking to:
- Grow your skills working on challenging and innovative solutions?
- Work in new technologies with demanding clients and grow your expertise?
- Work in highly skilled teams advising and supporting our clients through the data and technology revolution?
- Work in partnership with global clients and large public sector organisations?
The Data Business Group offers a range of career paths to pursue your passion be it toward architecture, data strategy or deep technology specialisations. We offer an MIT backed Certification path to support your career growth as well as a range of vendor training and a mentoring.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies
- Work with Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches in delivery
- Using good communication skills to understand and deliver client requirements
- Bring your experience and ideas to innovative engineering, design and strategy
- Contribute to our internal networks and special interest groups
- Mentor and upskill peers and juniors
What skills & experience are we looking for?
We are looking for data specialists who can complement our team with a demonstrable, hands-on range of skills that have been used to deploy use cases in production.
Currently in-demand skills include:
- Client facing skills: solid experience working in client facing / consulting environments, to be able to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders and act as a trusted adviser.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Experience of the major cloud platforms and their common tools
- Data modelling techniques in RDBMS and NOSQL
- Database and DBA skills across RDBMS and NOSQL
- Regulatory and Compliance work in Data Management
- Processing frameworks & programming tools: Spark (Scala/Python/Java), Kafka, Flink
- Hadoop platforms & distributions: Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, EMR
- Metadata design and management including popular tools eg Colibra
- Agile and DevOps delivery practices: familiarity with agile and DevOps delivery and deployment methodologies, experience with continuous integration, automated code reviews and regression testing using tools such as Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Cloudbees Jenkins, Selenium Grid, SonarQube and Docker
- E2E Data Architecture and Lifecycle including non-functional requirements and ops management
- Data Quality and Data Lineage
- Experience drawn from Big Data and Analytics as well as large scale Transactional projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Cloud platforms: Developing data engineering pipelines on AWS, Azure, GCP, including with Cloud platform PaaS components; Databricks
- NoSQL: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, Memcached, DynamoDB, Druid, BigTable
- Search: SOLR, ElasticSearch
- Design skills: data product design thinking, features definition, prototyping, usability testing and data visualisation literacy
- Machine Learning tools, interfaces & Libraries: R, R-Studio, Spark R, sparklyr, MLlib, H2O etc.
What personal qualities do we expect?
Proven ability to apply analytical and creative thought
Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
Experience delivering projects within an agile environment
Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Keenness to learn and try new things
Willingness to travel
What’s in it for you?
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the FTSE 100 on high-profile projects
Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
Access to leading-edge technology
On top of this, we have gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 2 days ago
Infor/Lawson Global HR Consultant (H&PS)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
USA CO - Denver
.net C# Developer
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.