Role: Cloud Advisory Business & Technology Architect - Senior Manager
Operating Group: Financial Services - Technology Advisory
Location: London, Manchester or Edinburgh
Salary: £88,000 - £119,000+
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
Technology Advisory is part of Accenture’s Technology Consulting Practice within Financial Services. We architect, plan, design, build and implement Cloud solutions for clients in the UK, Europe and around the globe, and provide expertise through their journey to cloud.
The Cloud Advisory service line assists clients in transforming and migrating their core infrastructure and application estate into private/public cloud services. We enable our clients to deliver a cloud strategy and define the target state required to support the digital business, simplify operating models and driving significant cost savings. We do this by operating at the intersection of strategy and technology, providing an integrated consulting experience on our clients’ journey to cloud, and helping them navigate the increasingly complex regulatory and compliance landscape.
As a Senior Manager within the team, you will have the opportunity to lead a wide range of cloud functions, from helping our clients define their strategy through to the implementation of a transformation roadmap. You will lead delivery teams, bringing together our portfolio of businesses to bring the best of Accenture to the market.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Lead the delivery of cloud architecture consulting across the business and technology intersect and supporting our clients’ transformation journey working closely with other cloud capability groups within Accenture
- Applying financial services and Cloud Computing technology expertise to advise, change, transform and deliver outcomes that enable our clients to become high performing businesses
- Focus on leadership, helping to grow, develop and support cloud team members
- Establish yourself as an FS cloud authority acting as an advisor to our clients helping them unlock their cloud potential by addressing key areas of consideration such as Risk & Compliance, Cloud Operating Model, Application Transformation Strategy, Cloud Security, Business Case, etc.
- In addition to client advisory and delivery, Senior Managers lead business development activities helping to originate and bring together new opportunities to grow Accenture’s cloud business within FS
- Contribute and participate in the Global Technology Advisory Cloud Strategy Hub to create points of view and thought leadership initiatives that are relevant to our client’s needs
- Developing and presenting at industry conferences as an authority in the Cloud industry
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Comprehensive understanding of end to end cloud transformation / J2C covering key functional disciplines including architecture, business case, application transformation, cloud platforms and overarching cloud enablement.
- Can own / drive cloud strategy and architecture planning; can position cloud solutions in the context of industry architectures and digital / technology transformation.
- Able to connect and align key business domains across the FS value chain with cloud products and services.
- Literate in Private and Public Cloud including IaaS, PaaS, CaaS (Containers as a Service) and SaaS.
- C-Suite relevant; able to operate across business and technology / CIO / CTO leadership.
- Understanding the value proposition of Cloud with the desire and commitment to become a visionary leader
- Comfortable working with both waterfall and agile methodologies and exposure across the full delivery lifecycle
- Broad range of skills, including business insight, interpersonal, analytical and team working skills
- A consistent record of working within a consultancy environment
- Tried leadership and team management skills with ability to build, run and foster a strong, dynamic team environment
- Previous experiences of managing teams of 10 or more resources in industry
- Ability to create Cloud solutions, carry out technical writing and presentations as well as report generation exposure
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Hands on management experience of projects using a standardized set of project management disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree attaining 2:1 or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
All our Consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
If this sounds like the role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
If relocation is required to fulfil the role, the employee must consider their application as an
Employee Driven Transfer and they will therefore be personally responsible for any
immigration costs relating to their dependents (for the full policy please read the UKI
supplement of Policy 0044).
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA IL - Chicago
Oracle Cloud Inventory Costing & Order Management Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
USA IL - Chicago
Interaction Designer - Fjord
Posted 2 days ago
USA MO - St Louis
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.