Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00645392 00645392_en-GB
Role: Sourcing & Procurement Manager/Consultant
Location: London or Manchester
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £47,000 - £93,000
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments.
The Sourcing & Procurement community is one of the key components of Accenture’s Supply Chain Management service line within the Consulting branch of our company that operates across industry groups within Accenture alongside Fulfilment, Planning, Product Lifecycle Management, Service Management, Strategy, and Business Solutions. This role sits without our thriving Communications, Media, Technology and Aerospace & Defence industry group.
Accenture has an increasing number of clients asking for help in transforming their procurement operations, providing new technology to underpin them, and in some cases running the operations on their behalf – on and offshore.
If you join this team you will spend the majority of your time operating as part of engagement teams, and will be responsible for the content and quality of delivery of client-facing work. Within Accenture you will leverage your subject matter expertise in sourcing & procurement, bringing that to life in the development of proposals and internal points of view.
You will be able to cultivate and maintain client relationships and support future sales activity.
You would typically be engaged with clients in the following areas:
· Strategic sourcing
· Procurement transformation including workforce transformation
· Strategic cost reduction
· Process innovation and excellence
· Purchase to pay process implementation on cloud based technology
· Procurement performance capability assessment / benchmarking
· Zero based spend consumption and demand reduction
This variety, plus exposure to leading edge concepts, technologies and clients make this area an engaging and rewarding experience. Work is likely to involve:
· Significant client exposure
· Hands-on delivery and project management
· Design, development and implementation of solutions
· Challenging roles involving analytical and creative thought
· Management of small or large teams with responsibility for project deliverables and areas of work
· Travel and flexible working at client locations
· High-calibre peer groups and international opportunities
What skills & experience are we looking for?
You should be able to demonstrate your proficiency across a number of the following areas:
· Experience gained from a management position in Sourcing & Procurement
· Experience in a consulting organisation unless you have proven experience within industry
· Experience of varied system delivery models including on-shore and off-shore methodologies
· To ascertain and execute the procurement approach that drives greatest value for the client critical (e.g. analytics, preparing and facilitating RFP’s / RFI’s / RFQ’s / eAuctions,, negotiating contracts, supplier performance measurement)
· Able to engage effectively with client projects teams to shape demand and specifications for the categories
· A working knowledge of different leading edge, preferably cloud procurement technologies for example on analytics, requisitioning, artificial intelligence, RPA deployed in a procurement environment
· Experience with Zero Based Spend & Zero Based Budgeting techniques
· Track record of successful business development leading to significant consulting revenues
· Demonstrable business development skills
· Comfortable in client-facing situations, combining industry skill and knowledge with client interaction
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Teaching and coaching abilities
· Nice to have Skills – Accounting, Prime Value Chain (process excellence and optimisation), Pre-Merger / Post Merger synergy delivery
· Communications, Media, Technology or Aerospace & Defense industry experience ideally gained working in relevant consulting roles
Additionally, the candidate must be comfortable with regular travel, and foreign language fluency is desirable (German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Mandarin, Cantonese or other).
What academic qualifications do you need?
· University / College degree (2:1 or higher)
· Advantageous qualifications are an MBA or Masters degree relating supply chain / procurement
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.