What Skills and Experiences are we Looking for
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
Understanding of primary research methodologies
- Knowledge of when to employ different primary research methods/techniques
- Ability to clearly explain the pros and cons of different methods to non-expert audiences
Understanding of quantitative data analysis techniques including:
- Manipulation and analyze survey data
- Translating questionnaires into databases
- Using SPSS or other analysis packages
- Employing statistical analysis such as significance testing, using appropriated methods for analysis, descriptive analysis
- Employing advanced statistical analysis such of regression, factor analysis, segmentation, cluster analysis and conjoint analysis can be used
- Understanding statistical principles such as sampling and weighting.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Data and statistical analysis
- Excel (Advanced)
- Project management
- Sampling principles
- PowerPoint (including charting)
- Able to work as part of a global, virtual and local team
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Data visualization (e.g., Qlik and Tableau)
- Business experience, ideally within a research agency or research department
- Working with databases and using various data analysis techniques
- Preparing databases for analysis (cleaning data, preparing flat files, etc.)
- Using Excel in addition to using SPSS (e.g., creation of tabs, weighting data, significance testing). The candidate will be required to demonstrate their working knowledge of Excel and SPSS.
- Using online programming software eg. Confirmit
- Ability to handle data from surveys including multi-country surveys requiring translations, weighting or local considerations
- Experience of working on multiple projects at the same time and/or in virtual teams (i.e., multi-locations, multi-countries).
We are looking for determined but curious researchers who are looking to develop both their front and back office skills.
- Enthusiasm for the power of research to shape debates is a must.
- And an interest in technology is highly valued
Bachelor’s degree ideally where strong numeracy skills are demonstrated; additional relevant qualifications are welcomed but not essential
What’s in it for you?
As researchers develop their career within the Survey team we want to help them answer the following questions with a firm ‘Yes’
- Responsibility: am I being given tasks of increasing difficulty/ importance?
- Value: is my opinion increasingly valued by my superiors?
- Progression: am I proving the competencies required of the next level?
In terms of career development there will be tremendous scope to expand and build on this role. A dynamic, proactive researcher will find many opportunities to learn and grow at Accenture.
The research team is genuinely a great place to work. There will be times when you work long and hard but we put life/work balance very high on our agenda.
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 07/12/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.