Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00628893 00628893_en-GB
Role: Utilities Customer Consultant – Industry Specialist
Travel: Up to 100%
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
Make delivering truly innovative work part of an extraordinary career – join Accenture Consulting and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Coupled with this, we will provide you with an unparalleled opportunity to grow through the sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and through the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges. We bring unmatched industry knowledge, client experience, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to solve our client’s hardest questions and deliver upon their strategic objectives. We do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations. As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses to our clients.
What responsibilities will you have?
As a consultant within Accenture's Utilities practice you will play a critical role in helping our clients on a variety of challenging, interesting and innovative engagements (ranging from short term strategic initiatives to multi-year transformation projects) in an increasingly competitive Utilities market. No two days are the same in consulting… But you can expect to:
· Follow the latest business and technology trends looking into the future and working with truly cutting-edge technologies today
· Explore in collaboration with our clients (Business, IT and external stakeholders) to get to the heart of their business and industry challenges
· Draw upon our Global network of industry experts and your own experience to define, develop and deliver pragmatic, cost-effective solutions
· Deliver tangible results through the delivery of your solutions – managing client relationships and leading small teams of people
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Accenture is looking for outstanding and driven individuals who have 4+ years of experience working within the Energy or Water Utilities industry. We are looking for passionate industry experts who have the both the ambition and foundational skills to change to an exciting and challenging career in consulting. The best candidates would have a good understanding of the energy and/or water industry, the UK market and associated regulation e.g. energy price reviews, water market competition, funding cycles, service incentive mechanism (SIM), etc.
Successful candidates will have experience in some or all of the following areas:
Customer Service Improvevent: improved customer satisfaction, reduced cost to serve
We are looking for candidates to bring some or all the following functional skills:
· Structured and innovative problem-solving skills with a deep analytical capability
· Well-developed quantitative skills to draw insights e.g. financial analysis, market data analysis etc.
· Project management and experience with delivery methods such as Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking
· Relationship and stakeholder management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
What academic qualifications do you need?
· Bachelor's Degree preferred
You will be challenged by:
· Working with our diverse client base to solve their most difficult problems
· Delivering truly innovative work on the back of emergent technologies
· Working across multiple geographic locations and workforces.
· Teaming with high calibre Accenture colleagues
· Access to our global knowledge and capability network
What’s in it for you?
The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career – as one of our Consulting professionals you will receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. Our learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation.
On top of growing you, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If an extraordinary career delivering innovative work to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world sounds like the ideal match, click below to apply now.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.