What experience are we looking for?
Successful candidates will demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices
- Approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
- Approaches and tooling for automated software assurance and QA
- Defining and managing a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps in an enterprise IT organisation
- The use of Public/Private cloud and Virtualisation Technologies
- Service support – the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operation
- Experience of technical architecture i.e. the design and delivery of IT systems for a broad range of clients
- Experience of Agile and Lean Software delivery methodologies
- Experience of leading consulting engagements (dependent on grade)
- Working within a structured environment, including the use of structured methods and approaches and modern development tools.
What skills are we looking for?
- Jenkins (or puppet)
- Docker (or equivalent)
- Cloud formation templates
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
To find out more about the role, our Newcastle Delivery Centre and what it’s like to be a part of our brilliant team visit our microsite at www.accenture.com/newcastle.
All applicants should be fully flexible between Monday and Friday and prepared to work at any of our client locations across the UK, this may mean staying away from home during the working week. This role requires working a shift or call out rota.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/01/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.