Job Location: Newcastle
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00624315 00624315_en
Role: RPA Developer
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Job Type: Permanent
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Analyst: From £25,520 to £30,800 + (Depending on experience)
Senior Analyst: from £30,800 to £39,820 + (Depending on experience)
Specialist or Lead: from £36,080 to £51,480 + (Depending on experience)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide more than 373,000 employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
The Robotics Process Automation Senior Developer is responsible for coding the automation process components as per the low level technical design document. They will work closely with Business Analysts to understand the client requirements and use cases for automation. The Senior Developer will also validate the automation by performing appropriate testing and will ensure configuration control is maintained at all times. The Senior Developer mentors Junior Developers and performs quality assurance checks on code components developed by them.
Senior Developers will have the opportunity to work across a variety of RPA products and technologies including UiPath, NICE and Blue Prism.
What responsibilities will you have?
• Working closely with Technical Lead for understanding the functional and technical design.
• Developing and configuring automation processes as per the technical design document (TDD) to meet the defined requirements.
• Developing new processes/tasks/objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
• Compiling with and helping to enforce design and coding standards, policies and procedures.
• Ensuring documentation is well maintained where required.
• Ensuring quality of coded components by performing thorough testing.
• Working collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs with quality.
• Reporting status, issues and risks to the Technical Lead on a regular basis.
• Improving skills in automation products by completing automation certification.
• Mentoring and coaching Junior Developers and performs code reviews for quality control.
• Innovating to continuously improve the RPA developed and delivered to clients to bring ingenuity to the team and to maximise business benefits.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
• Should be trained on RPA tools (Blue Prism/Automation Anywhere etc.)
• Commercial IT experience with a strong understanding of programming concepts, should be from a programming background on any coding language (preferably .Net)
• Understands development methodology and lifecycle
• Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
• Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
• Prior experience in UI automation, Robotics process automation is an added advantage.
• Certification in Robotics
What academic qualifications do you need?
• Bachelor university degree in Engineering/Computer Science.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/01/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.