What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to learn on the job
- Strong demonstrable skills in an OO language, ideally Java.
- Degree or similar qualification for development skills
- Understanding of Agile methodology and ability to work in Agile environment
- Familiarity of source control systems, ideally Git
- Ability to work in a team and be a team player
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills quickly
- Familiarity with relational & non-relational databases, ideally MongoDB
- Familiarity with UNIX environment, systems administration, scripting etc.
- Experience with other languages, tools or methodologies, ideally Clojure
- Experience of TDD, BDD etc
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Experience of UX, accessibility, user testing etc.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance. There may also be the requirement to pass a basic Scrum ability test.
Closing Date for Applications 31/01/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.