What Skills and Experiences are we looking for:
We are looking for someone who has the following core skill sets:
- A passion for and expertise in the Life Science industry: A thorough understanding of the Life Science industry is a prerequisite, including particular knowledge of: pharmaceutical value chain, market dynamics, healthcare ecosystem and players, with emphasis on global major and emerging markets; key patient/consumer journey, trends and drivers; major industry players, scope of business and recent activities; product and go to market processes; structure of companies’ operations; and company financial drivers and critical metrics for evaluating performance are all necessary. In today’s environment, it is also critical that the individual understand how digital technology is transforming the industry and changing how patients and healthcare entities behave. Understanding of Accenture’s scope of work in this industry is a plus.
- Issue-based problem solving and structured communication skills: We want researchers who can identify key issues and, in a logical, structured manner, use these issues to drive their efforts. We also expect individuals to draw out the implications of the research they conduct and tell a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to Accenture’s business and clients. We are looking for insights, and insights communitcated/presented, not just information.
- Quantitative analysis & Business acumen: Individuals must possess a fundamental understanding of micro and macroeconomic drivers that influence industry opportunities and ability to use strategic frameworks (e.g., Porter’s five forces, 4 Ps, 3 Cs) to analyze market conditions, competitive landscape and individual company performance. The ability to effectively model and analyze large data sets is a requirement. Additionally, knowledge of life science data sets is required (corporate data, patient / population data, health care and economics data)
- Research & writing skills: We expect researchers to be able to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question, adeptly scope the research effort and cost it accurately, and expertly use most (but not necessarily all) research techniques such as secondary database searching, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis. Researchers must also be detail-oriented and follow quality assurance procedures. Researchers should be able to effectively communicate the hypotheses methods, and data insights into prose and presentation.
- Sales and customer management: You will be expected to take an active role in generating new projects. Critical to this objective is facilitating discussion to uncover new opportunities, understanding your customers’ key issues, and then being able to outline a clear plan of action with a well-defined value proposition. Your customers should see you as a trusted advisor and key partner in achieving their business goals. Over time, you will be expected to generate your own pipeline of work and bring in other researchers to help deliver.
- Teaming and communication skills: As a manager, you are expected to resource, and manage and motivate a team of researchers to execute high-quality projects. While you would be based in an office with a number of other Researchers, the Life Science Research team is very much a virtual one and you will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and in different locations. Experience of work on the telephone or in a remote team would be highly advantageous. You must also be able to clearly and persuasively present your research findings to senior-level clients – either in person or on the phone – and defend your work. Researchers should be polished and confident, without being arrogant, and able to clearly and concisely articulate a point of view. Finally, as a baseline, we expect you to be able to work in PowerPoint and create well-structured, clearly written presentations with graphs and charts where necessary; in addition, as presentation options expand, we expect you to learn new and innovative media.
- Business research experience, preferably in a consulting environment, market research firm, think tank, financial institution, or other third party research organization or demonstrated equivalent skill
- Proven knowledge of Life Science market dynamics, industry corporate & financial approaches, global health economics, and data sets in this segment are required
- Ability to analyze trends, insights and analytics impacting changes in patient, healthcare players and government are required
- Previous research-based and marketplace reporting, data journalism, product management or strategic planning experience are a plus
- Previous industry publication authorship, management, channel development is a plus
- Structured problem solving and business assessment and quantitative analysis/data modeling
- Value analysis and insight development
- Effective communication and writing in prose and presentation
- Well-developed quantitative skills to draw insights e.g., Financial analysis, market data analysis etc., and life science specific data sets.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced project management skills
Masters of Business Administration, Masters degree or equivalent from a top institution. PhD, Post-graduation or Specialization concluded or under course will be considered a differentiation factor
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture Research shapes trends and creates data-driven insights about the most pressing issues global organizations face. Combining the power of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ industries, our team of 250 researchers and analysts spans 23 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Singularity -- guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients. Visit us at www.accenture.com/research
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/09/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.