Job Location: Newcastle
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00616900 00616900_en
Role: Artificial Intelligence (AI) Developer
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Career Levels: we have roles available across a range of Accenture career levels including Analyst, Senior Analyst, Specialist and Associate Manager/Manager Levels
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
Artificial intelligence (AI) is all around us.
Our AI developers deliver intelligent solutions to drive business transformation for our clients. They use Machine Learning and Cognitive technologies and techniques to develop intelligent products and services with the ability to learn and evolve. This includes virtual assistants, image and language recognition and predictive customer service.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
Desirable skills and experience include:
· Hands on experience of developing and implementing solutions using at least one cognitive platform e.g. IBM Watson, Google Cloud AI, Microsoft Cognitive Services or Open source frameworks (Python SciKit learn, Tensorflow. Keras etc.);
· Hands on delivery experience across one or more AI applications e.g. speech to text, image recognition, chatbots, virtual assistants, etc.;
· Commercial IT experience with a strong understanding of programming concepts, preferably with a programming background in one of the following, Java, Python, R, C#/.Net;
· Experience of developing and integrating APIs;
· Experience with computer vision technologies such as OpenCV;
· Understanding of analytics and the ability to handle and analyse data at volume;
· Understanding of designing and building big data solutions using software such as Apache Hadoop;
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and industry applications;
· Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of working under Agile development methodologies;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including status reporting;
· Drive to continuously innovate and improve.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS Checks.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Closing Date for Applications 30/08/2019. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.