Role: Thought leadership & Customer Primary Insights Lead
Salary: Up to £100,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
About Accenture Research
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shapes data-driven insights through thought leadership and research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines a deep understanding of our clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of 260 analysts develops thought-provoking research - supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations - that guides innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guide Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
About the Role
Within our team are researchers who are ‘master practitioners’ in research techniques and who sit within our Centres of Excellence. The Survey Insight team is one of those Centres of Excellence and home to 15 survey experts ranging from new analysts to highly experienced Senior Principals. Our survey researchers are based in the US, UK, France, Italy, South Africa, Poland and India and provide expertise on projects where qualitative or quantitative primary research is needed and they work closely with industry/tech/business experts and those from our other Centres of Excellence, particularly our Economic Value Modelling and Data Science teams.
Our work is focused on…
Thought leadership: surveys that inform points of view, feed into models and create indexes
Client engagements: surveys for Accenture’s clients, where we seek insights on their customers, employees or stakeholders as part of wider project, working alongside the practice.
Demand for our work and its complexity has increased and we have plans to expand the team significantly over the months ahead. We are looking for an exceptional individual who could lead our team and make real our ambition to offer the most innovative, technology-led survey capability in the business.
- Continually innovates and invents when it comes to survey design and methods
- Brings the most exciting and relevant new research methods and technologies from outside Accenture into the team
- Has experience of tracking, assessing and using start-up and new tech-led survey tools and companies
- Strong understanding of pros and cons of passive / programmatic web data research and how it dovetails with survey techniques
- Actively promotes and enables others to use the best new tools
- Has an entrepreneurial approach
- Recognized as an expert in survey design and analysis
- Has a point of view on methods and approaches and speaks/publishes on the topic
- Has a strong network and is well connected within the market research/thought leadership industry
- Able to build partnerships, forge links across teams and boundaries
- A core member of the research team –ability to operate at a senior level
- Able to deliver insights with relevance to Accenture’s business priorities
- Credible in presenting work and discussing issues with clients
- Credible in presenting work externally
- Shapes & manages complex research programs of work with global scope and manages related budget
- Partners with leadership-level stakeholders in business
- Credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts
- Proven track record in fostering an inclusive, diverse, innovative culture
- Experienced in working with senior peers
- Collaborative working style
- Talent magnet and role model
- Coach and mentor junior researchers on projects