Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00602696 00602696_en-GB
Role: Chemicals & Natural Resources Management Consulting Manager
Mobility: up to 100%
Closing date: 31.08.18
Accenture is a recognized global leader in business consulting, process transformation and the application of technologies to business. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments.
The Accenture Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Management Consulting, Industry Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities for our professionals to develop highly specialized skills while advancing their careers. Our Resources operating group serves Global 2000 clients in Energy, Utilities and Chemicals/Natural Resources (CNR).
Our CNR practice is a specialist group within the Management Consulting team that provides industry leading solutions and services to Chemicals, Mining, Metals, Building Materials and Forest Product industries. An important aspect of our work is to apply digital solutions and services to help our clients transform to a new way of working – focusing around worker safety and productivity, asset performance, operations optimisation, and innovative and effective supply chains. We collaborate with technology alliance partners as we work with our clients to strategically assess opportunities and customize solutions that address their challenges to achieve their corporate strategies and priorities.
Accenture is looking to recruit a Manager within our CNR Management Consulting practice in the UK to work within the Resources operating group.
With a specialist focus on CNR industries, this role will act as an industry consulting specialist to support our client account and project teams throughout the life cycle from innovation, sales & business development, through consulting and advisory engagements, to the design and delivery of solutions and services.
The successful candidate will bring affinity in the CNR industry domain knowledge, preferably with a deep understanding and first-hand experience of the Chemicals industry. They will have the opportunity to build a leadership career working with other colleagues focused on digital transformation within the broader Resources practice (e.g. Oil & Gas, Utilities).
This opportunity requires an ability to build & maintain relationships, use Accenture’s innovation architecture to help clients identify value improvement opportunities and organize programs to ensure tangible performance benefits are realized. It also requires a broad knowledge of how to architect solutions that exploit the convergence of IT (business applications) with OT (operational, real-time systems and automation) systems combined with process and organization transformation to address current business challenges for clients in the CNR portfolio.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, consulting practitioner that brings a passion for helping clients resolve business challenges. Accenture seeks high-energy professionals that thrive in a highly collaborative environment where team success takes priority over individual metrics.
In addition, the candidate will need to apply personal skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in leading industry and technology practices and approaches.
B.Sc. or M.Sc. in related science or engineering subjects is highly desirable given the nature of the work and the typical background of our client counterparts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain effective networks and relationships with key industry contacts, clients and alliance partners including representing Accenture and/ or speaking at relevant industry forums and conferences – market relevance
- Support the development of Accenture solutions, assets and project accelerators including new and innovative end-to-end business services as an active member of the European CNR Community of Practice – innovation and practice development
- Work with account teams to understand clients’ needs to identify and respond to market opportunities. Support the preparation of compelling value propositions and proposals that result in increased win rates and improved average daily rates for the management consulting workforce – entrepreneurial
- Work within delivery teams as a subject matter expert, a project/team lead or as a delivery team member supporting through different stages of a project lifecycle from initial assessments to solution go-live to achieve project commercial objectives and client outcomes – delivery outcome focused.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience (e.g. Chemicals, Mining etc) in addition to 3-5 years of consulting practitioner experience.
- Understanding of the various CNR industries
- Good client contacts and industry network is highly desirable
- Has worked in Project/Program delivery roles in the above areas of expertise
- Articulated perspective in Digital technologies and their application within CNR industries
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-player
- Willing to travel to domestic and international locations
A competitive compensation package will be offered to include base salary, bonus potential, equity award potential, and market competitive benefits. Relocation assistance will be provided if required.
Preferred location to the West or North of London, with expected travel to UK industrial hubs.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.”
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.