Visual Design Lead
Fjord – Design & Innovation from Accenture Interactive
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A recent acquisition of Accenture after 13 years of delivering award-winning service design magic, Fjord has evolved to represent a stretch for the Design community - simultaneously shifting the world’s largest consultancy towards customer centricity, whilst being supported by the scale and reach of same business.
As a result, we believe that not just Fjord but Design practice globally is starting to reveal itself in the most powerful of places - the boardrooms of some of the biggest organisations in the world, with access to creating an impact on the lives of millions of people.
There’s a lot of work to do. So we're growing our design team here at the Fjord London studio.
And to build it we're looking for the keystones; we’re looking for the brightest service design leaders of our time to define and deliver some of the most challenging design creativity to some of the most critical infrastructure that drives our complex world - a world of simultaneously logical data and irrational humanity
Our clients are more diverse than ever. Our projects more varied than ever - in scope, type, and levels from the C-suite. Our design team is thriving like never before because they are learning to address new challenges that every project brings.
If you think the word 'digital' means everything, and nothing, simultaneously, we'd love to hear from you.
At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As Visual Design Lead, you’ll be responsible for the Visual Design team working on an account, supporting conceptual development, overall direction, and delivery of visual design artifacts. You’ll have a strong appreciation for interaction design, the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and an effortless presentation style that owns and sells pitches.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Provide direction and feedback to the team on their work to ensure client objectives and product excellence
- Advance design by using storytelling skills and strategic thinking to inspire teams and clients.
- Effectively define and communicate project expectations to team members.
- Articulate, rationalize, and sell in design for clients, balancing user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints.
- Support overall visual design efforts for the studio and beyond
- Leverage other disciplines (i.e. user research, strategy) in the creation of the work and to ensure validity and effectiveness of design.
- Lead the creation of design concepts through organization of brainstorms, Rumbles, and other idea-generating sessions.
- Collaborate with client to define needs, business objectives, and brand goals to inform insightful concepts while enhancing others’ knowledge and understanding of the client’s brand, consumer and competitive landscape.
- Direct others in designing service blueprints, user journeys, mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, storyboards, prototypes, etc.
- Persuasively present creative concepts and communicate rationale to team and clients.
- Oversee the prioritization of work for the team.