Job Location: Cwmbran
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00595429 00595429_en-GB
Role: Senior Automation Developer
Travel: there may be the opportunity for significant amounts of travel within the UK and abroad.
Salary: Up to £25000 depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations. We are an exciting and diverse workforce.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Translating client process requirements (in the form of a Process Definition Document) into a detailed automation solution design of the end to end process for Accenture clients and create supporting documentation in the form of a Solution Design Document.
· Peer reviewing the build of automated processes, as per the design documents
· Ensuring that Accenture Quality design and build standards are continuously being met.
· Overseeing and providing sign-off of the configuration testing of the process automation solution to ensure acceptance into UAT. Further to ensure that this is carried out in line with the time constraints of a project.
· Designing solutions to meet requirements of client project change requests within agreed timescales, following evaluation and impact assessment on existing solution design.
· Ensuring that all progress updates are delivered in accordance with the Accenture methodology and as specifically required by the Project Delivery Manager or Service Delivery Manager at all times.
· Supporting and maintaining existing automated processes as required
· Maintaining advanced knowledge of key automation technologies at all times and proactively requesting formal training as required.
· Highlighting lessons learnt and recommendations through the lifecycle of a project to ensure continual improvements in delivery
· Effective communication with peer group, senior team members and clients at all times, with particular emphasis on risks and issues that could impact project delivery.
· Being able to undertake any of the responsibilities associated with the Automation Developer role and train new team members.
· To deputise for the Automation Technical Lead on a project when required.
· Creating a detailed automated process solution design and associated documentation (Solution Design Document)
· Quality sign-off of process build and config testing to ensure that the build of the end to end automated solution is fit for purpose and can be handed over to User Acceptance Testing, as adhering to all Accenture’s quality standards.
· Effective and appropriate communication at all times
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Broad knowledge of automation technology solutions
· Knowledge or skills in working with relational databases (Oracle, My SQL, SQL server)
· Good technical background in Microsoft Operating Systems
· Strong collaboration and team working skills with excellent communication abilities
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Fluent in English (verbal and written)
· Action orientated, with a pragmatic approach to design
· Enhanced Microsoft Office skills
· Understanding of Accenture’s service offering
What academic qualifications do you need?
· Degree in an IT discipline preferred with at least 2 ‘A’ Levels
· Development skills such as VB .NET
· Experience of developing and delivering solutions to deadline and budget, using multiple software
· Understanding of how large blue chip corporate organisations operate
· Experience in automation tools and technology
· Good knowledge of, or ideally accredited in, Blue Prism, AA, NICE and UiPath, or other automation technologies
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/12/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.