Job Location: London
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00592557 00592557_en
Role: HR People Advisor
Location: London, UK
Salary up to £38,500 depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
This role is part of a relatively large HR team supporting our Operations and Security businesses and provides a challenging and exciting learning environment. The desired candidate will have strong HR generalist experience with an overall willingness to learn and lead the Accenture Way
The HR People Advisor serves as a primary connection between Human Resources and our employees, providing high quality HR generalist coaching and advisory services to employees and business area/unit leaders in order to optimise the employee experience.
The HR People Advisor leads HR generalist activities for employees based in multiple UK locations. The employee population includes employees on non-standard terms and conditions and may also include some who are part of unionised groups.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Supporting employees throughout the HR life cycle (i.e. from joining through to termination).
· Providing guidance and coaching to employees and business area/unit leaders, on people-matters, including policies and procedures.
· Providing guidance and coaching to employees and business area/unit leaders on performance and talent management.
· Supporting the delivery of employee engagement activities and people programmes
· Handling employee relations issues, including terminations, redundancies, disciplinary and grievance implementation, employee counseling and absence management; consulting with the ER team as appropriate.
· Managing and advising on people change programmes, including TUPE transfers.
· Managing the performance management processes by supporting business area/unit leaders and providing guidance and training as needed, reviewing input and answering issues and queries.
· Managing the compensation/salary administration process by reviewing all salaries to ensure they reflect performance and contribution, obtaining approval for all final salaries, ensuring budget compliance and resolving disputes between stakeholders.
· Partner with assigned business area/unit leaders to understand the business environment and determine, develop and execute innovative solutions to address business priorities within their area.
· Provide high quality coaching and advisory services to employees and line managers in order to optimise the employee experience
· Coach and advise supervisors and career counselors to become more effective in handling people matters
· Participate in and/or lead People Programmes and initiatives
· Provide guidance and support to line managers in the options available to address poor performance. Assist in the implementation of Performance Improvement Plans as necessary and ensure that the process is managed effectively by the Line Manager
· Serve as a primary connection between Human Resources and the employee
· Serve employees throughout the HR life cycle; execution of key processes, including job design, transitions, performance management, recognition, discipline/grievance, mobility, leave management, absenteeism management, exit management, compensation
· Enable delivery of employee engagement and people programs and activities
· Support standard and DTE specific reward and the recognition program administration
· Participate in planning and delivery of the processes for job mapping, organisational design, internal advertising of roles and stakeholder issue resolution.
· Assist the Reward Lead in delivery of the reward processes as and when required, lead the annual pay negotiations for non-standard employee groups
· Support harmonisation of non-standard terms and conditions
· Drive annual performance processes
· Coach and advise career counselor and supervisors to manage career development
· Handle employee discipline and grievances and consult with as appropriate (review grievance case details, check policy, establish course of action and discuss approach with employee, facilitate informal resolution)
· Manage absences and return to work, monitor individual and group absence and reduce absenteeism
· Manage individual and group departures
· Share best practices across People Advisor teams
· Effective collaboration with team in the delivery of People Advisor roles
· Enable line managers to be effective people managers
· Chair fortnightly team meeting, on rota basis
· Take steps to improve skills, knowledge
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Human Resources generalist experience
· Deep human resources service delivery experience
· Solid understanding of Accenture’s business operations and business strategy
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
· Strong coaching and partnering capability combined with a demonstrated ability to influence
· Experience in building successful and productive working relationships
· Experience managing complex people change programmes
· Experience working in a unionised environment
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 13/07/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.