Job Location: London
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00590463 00590463_en
Role: Project Manager - CMT
Travel: Must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Specialist / Team Lead: £42,00 - £52,000+ (depending on skills and experience)
Associate Manager: £50,000 - £60,000+ (depending on skills and experience)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
· Taking responsibility for overall delivery of a project or workstream
· Effective communication to the client on all aspects of project delivery including project planning & including project status including financial reporting and making the client aware of project risks and issues
· Internal communication and reporting to Senior Management on project delivery status
· Leading and managing the project team including ensuring that everyone is working towards a successful project delivery and knows what is required from them and the team are motivated and working together to deliver a clear set of objectives
· Creation and maintenance of the internal project tools
· Detailed project planning and controls including:
o Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan
o Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan
o Recording and managing project risks and issues and escalating where necessary and ensuring these are actively monitored and resolved
o Resolving cross-functional issues at project level
o Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary
o Managing project progress and performance
· Ensuring a realistic test strategy is defined and implemented
· Working closely with the Technical Architect and Business Analyst to ensure that the solution meets the client technical and functional requirements
· Ownership and management of the project financial plan and working to maintain the project margin
· Ensuring that internal processes are adhered to, including invoices are raised and issued on time, project admin is completed and timesheets are recorded accurately
· Coordination of the project team members and ensuring that meetings are planned, attended and that minutes and actions are recorded and issued
· Working with colleagues to provide continuous improvement to internal and delivery processes
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Strong experience of successfully delivering projects preferably in the CMT (Communications, Media & Technology) industries. This include Telco, Publishing, Broadcasting, Television/Video, Gaming & Defence as examples
· Experience of managing full software life cycle delivery
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to identify delivery risks and issues and to take appropriate actions to mitigate
· Responsibility for managing project resourcing and budget
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to effectively motivate and lead a project team
· Ability to prioritise work and project tasks and operate at an appropriate level of detail
· Experience of working in an Agile/iterative delivery environment is beneficial
· Desire to learn and develop new delivery skills and industry knowledge
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 - 30 days’ vacation (depending on the career level) per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.