Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00576838 00576838_en-GB
Role: Supply Chain & Operations Consultant/Manager
Salary: £47,000 - £93,000
Travel: Up to 100%
Welcome to Accenture, one of the world's leading providers of management consultancy services where high performance is a minimum requirement, not just an ideal.
Management consulting is at the heart of Accenture's promise to its clients - High Performance, Delivered. Utilising a unique framework that helps drive our clients on their path to high performance, our management consultants use their expertise and critical thinking skills to help determine where our clients are on their journey and design realistic, achievable strategies that address their key business priorities.
The Communications, Media & Technology (CMT) Operating Group supports the Communications Industry, Electronics and High Tech, and Media and Entertainment industries. Accenture supports a wide range of CMT clients who have big issues to tackle by offering unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth
A truly global client base:
At Accenture CMT, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience.
We are proud to serve the world’s leading providers of:
• Wireless, wireline, cable and satellite communications
• Broadcast, entertainment, print, publishing and Internet/social media industries.
• Consumer, enterprise and medical equipment technology;
• Aerospace and defence;
• Semiconductors and software;
A differentiated market offering
• Accenture provides end-to-end CMT client value propositions which combine unrivalled industry and marketplace insight, a highly evolved community of consulting professionals enriched by Strategy, Digital (analytics, Interactive, mobile), Technology and Operations practices
• Accenture CMT engages clients at all stages of the value chain, helping to shape and deliver truly transformative change to enable our client business objectives
• By becoming a part of CMT, you have the opportunity to be part of tangible, lasting business transformation operating across various functions and levels within our client businesses
Key features of the role:
The Operations Supply Chain group works with clients to develop and implement strategies that improve cost efficiency, increase business effectiveness, and create synergies and collaboration across companies. To help our clients achieve these improvements, we focus on optimizing our client's supply chain by providing an updated strategy, operating model and processes.
The Operations Supply Chain group covers all elements of core planning, logistics and warehouse offerings including:
· Supply chain Operating Model transformation
· Supply chain network transformation
· Transport sourcing
· 3PL/4PL strategy definition
· Warehousing and Logistics Operations analysis and optimisation
· Warehouse and Logistics systems selection and implementation
· Supply chain Operating Model transformation
· Sales and Operations Planning
· Supply Chain Planning Strategy
· Collaboration, Inventory Management
· Supply/Demand Planning Systems (e.g., SAP - APO, i2, Manugistics)
· Tax efficient supply chain design and implementation
· Process innovation and excellence
· Channel Optimisation
· Carbon efficient Supply Chain
Accenture is seeking to recruit Consultants/Managers with strong project management/consulting experience and a strong delivery history of fulfilment and/or supply chain planning projects.
This resource will spend most of their time leading delivery teams, with responsibility for all major project activities and deliverables, whilst building senior client relationships. There is also a key role to play in supporting business development opportunities through the development of proposals, acting as subject matter experts in supply chain and presenting in sales pitches to prospective clients.
Key responsibilities may include:
· Significant client exposure
· Hands-on delivery and project management
· Design, development and implementation of solutions
· Challenging roles involving analytical and creative thought
· Management of small teams with responsibility for project deliverables and areas of work
· Flexible working at client locations which often requires time away from home (during the week)
You will be challenged by:
· Diversity of client base and wealth of scenarios
· Working across multiple geographic locations, workforces and key stakeholder groups
· Teaming with high calibre Accenture colleagues in day to day activities
· Access and opportunity to leverage our global network of change management professionals to strengthen client propositions and recommendations
· Contributing to our next generation change management asset
What's in it for you?
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering key management consulting skills. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation.
We offer a variety of formal and informal training programmes at a number of levels to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with company-acknowledged Subject Matter Experts.
The CMT practice is a strong community and there are regular community events held in order to ensure collaboration and networking within the wider team.
The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, Accenture offers a highly competitive salary, 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan, gym subsidies, excellent maternity package and a competitive pension scheme.
What we're looking for
Accenture is a meritocracy and measures all employees against three key skill sets: Business Operator, Value Creator and People Developer. To succeed in this environment the following traits are essential:
· At least 2-5 years’ experience working within a supply chain/operations environment preferably in the consulting industry
· Self-starter, demonstrating initiative, confidence and leadership
· Strong problem solving and data analysis skills
· Skill in drawing conclusions and synthesizing fact-based recommendations
· Ability to work comfortably with all levels of the organisation
· Confident, articulate, dynamic, ambitious, friendly and personable
· Thorough/ detailed approach to work
· Methodical and process driven
· Most of our consultants work on client engagements spread around UK and Europe, therefore you must be willing to travel and work away from home Monday to Friday as required.
In addition, at Manager Level, we would like to hear from candidates that can demonstrate a number of the skills below:
· Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with senior clients
· Proven capability in team management comprising both internal and client personnel
· Responsibility for defining client issues and shaping projects to meet client expectations and deliver business outcomes
· Design and execution of project structures, including project deliverables and team structure
· Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders
What Skills are required?
We require people with a proven track record either within other consultancies or blue-chip industry. The ability to work in a project related environment is critical. We are particularly looking for the following capabilities:
· Proven experience gained from a consulting or operations position in Supply Chain Management
· Deep experience working in one or more of the Communications, Media & Entertainment or Electronics & High-technology industry sectors
· Functional experience should include some of the following: distributed order management, inventory management, demand planning, supply planning, distribution and logistics, transport sourcing, global trade management.
· Knowledge of core Supply Chain business capabilities
· Consulting and/or project delivery experience including: delivery to agreed scope, time scales and budgets from a top tier consulting company or blue-chip organisation
· Experience of customer facing situations, combining industry skill and knowledge with client interaction
· Management and development of client/internal stakeholder relationships
· University/College degree (2:1 or higher)
What Skills are desired?
In addition to the above required skills, the following will help to differentiate the candidate:
· Broad exposure to business operations, outside of core supply chain (eg. Lean process, Service Strategy, Innovation and Product Development)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.