Front End Development Lead (FJORD)
Fjord – Design & Innovation from Accenture Interactive
Salary up to £78,600 depending on skills and experience plus excellent benefits package
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A recent acquisition of Accenture after 13 years of delivering award-winning service design magic, Fjord has evolved to represent a stretch for the Design community - simultaneously shifting the world’s largest consultancy towards customer centricity, whilst being supported by the scale and reach of same business.
As a result, we believe that not just Fjord but Design practice globally is starting to reveal itself in the most powerful of places - the boardrooms of some of the biggest organisations in the world, with access to creating an impact on the lives of millions of people.
There’s a lot of work to do. So we're growing our design team here at the Fjord London studio.
And to build it we're looking for the keystones; we’re looking for the brightest service design leaders of our time to define and deliver some of the most challenging design creativity to some of the most critical infrastructure that drives our complex world - a world of simultaneously logical data and irrational humanity
Our clients are more diverse than ever. Our projects more varied than ever - in scope, type, and levels from the C-suite. Our design team is thriving like never before because they are learning to address new challenges that every project brings.
If you think the word 'digital' means everything, and nothing, simultaneously, we'd love to hear from you.
The Front End Development Lead will be a craftsperson obsessed with bringing the pixel perfect detail of a visual design to life on mobile and web interfaces. You will be self-directed, experienced in Agile delivery and capable of a two-way creative coding approach alongside a designer. Working with evolving requirements and offering communication on functional suggestions to design is a key responsibility of the role. You will need to be a mentor and a visionary, helping young developers learn their trade and building a world class development team.
What responsibilities will you have?
- At Manager level, you will be responsible for and manage the quality and robustness of technical deliverables on each project.
- Investigate functional requirements and produce lean technical specifications and API documentation
- Estimate work effort and timelines for development of technical assets
- Lead and coordinate the work of the development team in conjunction with the Design Director, manage a development team
- Be a hands-on technology expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation
- Have an inquisitive interest in the latest development techniques and libraries. Experience of constructing and developing on a technology stack that meets the needs of rapid prototyping, whilst also serving as the foundation for future development.
- Balance the client’s business objectives, and technical feasibility constraints whilst meeting the user experience objectives of the project. Be prepared to challenge requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Project Lead to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify and alert the Project Lead to potential risks, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- Define quality control requirements.
- Take an active role in team activities, including design critique sessions, best practice initiatives, and social activities.