Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00568331 00568331_en
Role: Digital Business Integration - DevOps Consultant
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + bonus/benefits
Travel: Up to 100%
Digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Digital as a concept that is about changing the way organisations use and think about technology in order to work smarter and gain or retain competitive advantage.
As a Digital company Accenture has been helping many leading organisations and communities around the world through their Digital transformation.
Accenture Digital is at the forefront of driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across multiple industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities, client engagements, Digital projects added to the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance in this ever increasingly Digital world.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Interactive (think commerce, content, marketing, experience), Industry X.0 (ioT, Mobile Devices and Apps, Platform and Services) and Analytics (Big data, AI, Visual analytics, etc). At the forefront of digital deliveries, you’ll create, own and bring to life solutions for our clients that are continuously looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. We are not just focused on increasing revenues – our solutions and innovations are making millions of lives better. We are also equally focused on our employees, their well-being and work life balance.
What responsibilities will you have?
As a DevOps Consultant at Accenture you will work with our clients and delivery teams to drive rapid-paced innovation through the implementation of DevOps solutions while championing and evangelising DevOps culture. Our clients range from digital natives, to traditional organisations looking to launch new products and break away from “old school” siloed IT operations. You will provide tailored technical recommendations and guidance to solve their unique business challenges. You will design, architect and deliver best-of-breed CI/CD solutions, using a variety of open source, enterprise and public cloud technologies.
As a DevOps Consultant you will know what infrastructure automation is and how to harness it to deliver value faster and more efficiently. Be able to collect and analyse pipeline metrics to make informed and continuous improvements to address business critical challenges in a cost-efficient manner. You will assist our clients to deliver their solutions in a continuous manner enabling them to respond to rapidly changing technology-driven world.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
You are a highly motivated, self-directed technologist with experience delivering digital platforms. We’re looking for the following skill set:
· Demonstrated experience applying good DevOps principles
· Experience architecting and delivering cloud-based CI/CD solutions
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Experience with Scaled Agile Scrum development
· Good knowledge of API-driven, extensible, loosely coupled systems
· Good knowledge relating to automation, security, stability and scalability in private and public cloud environments
· Excellent client skills
· Strong knowledge of modern operating systems
· A strong drive towards innovation
As well as hands-on experience working with relevant technologies:
· Build systems – Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, GitLab
· Automation technologies – Chef, Puppet, Ansible
· Source control and code management – GitHub, Bitbucket
· Public Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP
· PaaS – Heroku, Google App Engine
· Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
· Automated testing – Selenium, Cucumber
· Operational monitoring - AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, ELK, Grafana
· Application security and Vault technologies - Hashicorp Vault, AWS Certificate Manager, Anchore, OWASP
· Web / application servers – NGINX, Clojure, Node, Go
· API gateways – Apigee, MuleSoft
· Infrastucture as Code – Teraform, Cloudformation
· Serverless platforms – such as Lambda, Kinesis, Batch
What academic qualifications do you need?
Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.