Role: M&A Strategy Manager
Mobility: up to 100%
Are you looking to grow a remarkable career in Mergers & Acquisitions? Join the M&A team at Accenture Strategy. We take an insight-led approach to M&A and harness our unrivalled technological expertise to deliver digitally driven M&A strategies for the world’s leading businesses. As an M&A Strategy Consultant, you’ll gain exposure to the full lifecycle of the most prestigious M&A deals – accelerating transformation and redefining business models for global clients.
Why Accenture Strategy?
Technology will continue to be the disruptor in the strategy arena. Which makes Accenture the strategy firm of tomorrow. Our 8,700-strong team of strategists combines deep business insight, industry knowledge, and an unparalleled understanding of the digital and technology landscape to address our clients’ challenges and opportunities.
No-one brings all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration as we can. Serving 95 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we’re different to every other strategy firm on the market – which makes us an undeniably exciting place in which to forge a career.
We’re passionate about improving the way the
world works and lives. Social purpose lies at the heart of our business
strategy, and our employees share this commitment – whether they participate in
an Hour of Code event, support the
Why M&A within Accenture Strategy?
High-performance organizations are those that continually renew and energize their portfolio of businesses. Accenture is right at the cutting edge. In the past five years, we have advised clients in more than 850 projects globally – projects that span the buy side and sell side, and cover all phases of the deal lifecycle.
You’ll join a network of M&A professionals across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Western Hemisphere. Our people are entrepreneurs and explorers who provide dedicated support from M&A strategy, target screening and due diligence, to transaction management, merger & synergy planning, as well as carve-outs and divestitures.
It’s stimulating and intellectually rigorous work which will see you working on headline-making deals, but you’ll be well prepared for each challenge. We’ll keep you up to speed with the latest technology. Training will be provided at Accenture’s global Strategy College to build your expertise. And you’ll benefit from M&A Live – our annual, interactive, five-day learning program that brings together M&A specialists to share strategic priorities, highlight M&A offerings and identify client opportunities.
- Typically work on an engagement focussing on either portfolio strategy, target screening, pre-deal assessment/due diligence, post-deal merger integration, joint ventures or divestiture/carve-out strategy and planning
- Lead a workstream and e responsible for rigorous analysis to identify and validate value creation opportunities for our clients
- Develop cohesive conclusions and present key findings, typically to C-level clients
- Be responsible for coaching and mentoring analysts on the team
- Support in practice/ community building efforts such as recruitment, training and thought leadership
- Engage with the wider strategy community in UKI to foster collaboration and support growth and development of the business
- Demonstrated interest in working in a M&A advisory services
- Substantial experience in consulting or corporate strategy roles with a particular focus on market entry, mergers, acquisitions, corporate alliances, portfolio strategy and merger integration
- Experience in financial modelling and demonstrated understanding of financial statements
- Strong academic credentials
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-cultural teams to deliver high-quality output in short timeframes
- A high degree of comfort with strategy frameworks and strong quantitative skills to develop financial or operational models and supervise data analysis
- High degree of written and spoken competence in English
- Previous experience in a top tier strategy consulting firms, boutique firms focussing on pre-deal / due diligence advisory service or in the transaction advisory service of big 4 accountancy firm preferred. Candidates with investment banking experience are also
Consulting skills and personality
- Ability to develop and apply consulting skills and have the capability of effectively solving complex business issues
- Organise and direct quality work
- Pushing self and others to add value by meeting expectations and completing deliverables regardless of obstacles
- Planning and coordination of own and/or team's work activities, to meet commitments and quality expectations
- Maximises team performance by encouraging collaboration and addressing issues, that impact performance of team members (i.e., client and Accenture).
- Strong communication skills (speaking, writing, listening)
- Confident, poised, ability to relate to senior client executives
- Leadership abilities - transfer vision into results
- Strong interest in broadening skills, as opposed to being narrowly focused
Great things can happen—they already are. Come and be a part of the next level of high performance.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme.
Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels, Analyst, Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.