Role: Communications Media & Technology Strategy Senior Manager
Mobility: up to 100%
If you join Accenture you shape the future for the world's most dynamic companies. Combining deep business insight with diverse global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture Strategy is responsible for helping our clients define and implement outcome-driven strategies that are enabled by technology, in an industry-specific context. A primary focus for Accenture Strategy is being C-suite relevant and forming (and expanding) C-suite relationships.
Accenture’s Strategy workforce is involved in business consulting and the application of technologies to business. Our focus on issues related to digital disruption, competitive agility, operating and business model, as well as the future workforce, helps our client find future value and growth in a digital world. Accenture Strategy understands the mechanics of organisational success.
Working as a Senior Manager with Accenture Strategy, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high-performance businesses. Senior Managers must have an interest in how business strategy and technology work and interact. In addition, Senior Managers need to apply their skills in project management while exhibiting leadership in advising our clients on growth strategy, digital transformation and organisational change.
CMT Strategy Senior Managers focus on taking responsibility for transformational change and digital business transformation within the Telecommunications, Electronics and High Technology, Media, Aerospace and Defence industries. CMT Strategy Senior Managers identify and implement high performance business value creation and transformation opportunities by delivering independent strategic and general management consulting services focused on the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer agenda.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the development of new products and services for clients by addressing unique industry strategy issues, and developing strategies for converging industries
- Assessing and addressing the C-Suite agenda, customer marketing strategy, sourcing, procurement and supply chain strategies, plus operations and workforce transformations
- Identifying and planning opportunities to help clients capture new growth opportunities
- Analysing and assuring quality of the data collected
- Conducting business diagnosis and data analysis to support evidence-based recommendations
- Assisting in formulating strategic solutions, with a focus on digital transformation
- Supervising business architecture creation and implementation activities
- Assisting in the development of capabilities and performance measurements/KPIs
- Preparing the client for strategy recommendations, for example, creating communications and action plans
- Monitoring the business environment and developing business case and value models to make recommendations to change the strategic and project directions for clients
- Co-creating hypotheses with clients and Accenture experts and defining success criteria and approaches to test against measurable outcomes
- Describing and assessing advantages/disadvantages of strategic architecture options, including implementation readiness
- Structuring and creating business and market assessments
- Supporting the creation of valuation models and detailed business case logic
- Analysing financial statements, analyst reports, thought leadership material, market data, and other new sources of insights to identify a company’s strengths and weaknesses and future positioning
Key Criteria / Qualifications
- Strong academic background or equivalent exceptional experience
- Experience in one of the following industries; Telecommunications, Electronics and High Technology, Media, Aerospace and Defence
- Previous experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm, boutique strategy firm, or consulting in a big 4 accountancy firm
- Strong numerical ability, willingness to learn quantitative methods and approaches to solving business problems, with a focus on data analytics
- Confident, poised, ability to relate to senior client executives
- A high degree of comfort with strategy frameworks and strong quantitative skills to develop financial or operational models and supervise data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-cultural teams to deliver high-quality output in short timeframes
- Delivery experience including planning of own workload, research, storyboarding and senior leadership messaging
- Knowledge of digital and emerging technologies (e.g. hybrid-development platforms for mobility, drones, AI/ Robotics, blockchain, microservices, IoT, networks…)
- Ability to manage people and teams with different backgrounds (from technology to business to design) in more than one assignment simultaneously
Consulting skills and personality
- Ability to develop and apply consulting skills and have the capability of effectively solving complex business issues
- Ability to define the case for change for clients and clearly articulate the key messages
- Create strategies that leverage the power of business, technology and operations
- Develop business and operating models for a specific function, or to the entire enterprise
- Partner with colleagues to deliver real outcomes from technology-enabled transformation initiatives
- Organise and direct quality work
- Pushing self and others to add value by meeting expectations and completing deliverables regardless of obstacles
- Leadership abilities, for example, able to transfer vision into results
- Strong interest in broadening skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and leadership skills in client facing environments entrepreneurial, business-oriented, innovation-eager mindset
- Planning and coordination of own and/or team's work activities, to meet commitments and quality expectations
- Maximises team performance by encouraging collaboration and addressing issues, that impact performance of team members (i.e. client and Accenture).
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
As well as a highly competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.