Job Location: Warwick
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00506786 00506786_en-GB
Role: Windows / Virtualisation Specialist
Travel: Travel and work on client sites when required
Salary: From £29,920
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
What responsibilities will you have?
Delivering support, administration and configuration of Windows and Virtualisation systems for hardware, software and related infrastructure (public Cloud or private hosted). Business as usual or project support including troubleshooting, tuning, patching, deployments, configuration changes and design. You will be dedicated and committed to delivering outstanding customer experiences.
· Resolve complex high priority incidents impacting critical systems.
· ITIL activities: incident management, root cause analysis, problem, change (assess, implement) and risk management.
· Support a wide variety of implementation projects including the build/test/migrate and acceptance of new systems.
· Deploy, configure, maintain and upgrade VMWare, Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server, Active Directory, Windows Clusters and other related infrastructure products.
· “Business as usual” support including troubleshooting, best practice tuning, security hardening and compliance, patching and changes.
· Physical hardware configuration support (rack and blades) including HP, Cisco UCS and Dell.
· Design of new and/or existing virtualization/Windows solutions.
· Installing and configuring virtualization, automation management tools (e.g. vCenter, vSphere, VMM, Ansible, SCCM).
· Manage KPI’s and associated improvement actions.
· Create and review technical system recovery plans including disaster recovery tests.
· Make pro-active suggestions for service improvements, including automation, orchestration, tooling, scripting.
· Manage and enhance existing automations to improve service
· Design automation solutions to address fresh requirements and pro-actively improve service
This role is based from a multi-client delivery centre where production systems are maintained under a rigorous change management process. There will be a mandatory requirement to be able to travel and work on client sites for extended period of times when required and you will be required to be on call on a rota basis. The successful candidate will be able to be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of the business and its clients.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· The successful candidate will be a skilled Windows / Virtualisation SME with Cloud / Infrastructure skills
· Strong skills in managing and resolving Windows/Virtualisation related incidents
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely whilst demonstrating subject matter expert knowledge within the Windows / Virtualisation product range
· Proven experience performing operational systems administration support of VMWare (or Hyper-V), Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server, Active Directory, Windows Clusters and other related infrastructure products in enterprise level production environments
· VMWare VCP/VCAP and/or MCSE certifications
· Use of Amazon Web Services or Azure public cloud Management consoles
· Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server and Active Directory Administration
· Rack and Blade Chassis hardware configuration
· PowerShell scripting
· Hands on experience in implementing VMware (and/or Hyper-V) virtualization and Windows solutions including: security hardening and compliance, best practice configuration and tuning performance, automation
· Technical Design of virtualisation solutions including server, Active Directory, storage and network elements
· Experience in architecture design and documentation work covering a broad range of technologies such as cloud, virtualization, Dev Ops, server, storage and networking
· Experience in performing technology and process analysis to recommend solutions that improve service, lower costs and prevent operational issues
· Experience in enterprise class architecture (High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Secure Hosting etc.)
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
· Migrating to public cloud
· Cloud capabilities/service offerings
· Security/Identity management
· Directory Services
· Storage – blobs, hybrid
· VMWare vRealize
· Orchestration (VRO)
· Automation (VRA)
· VMWare NSX
What academic qualifications do you need?
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com. Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 28/04/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.