Role: ServiceNow Senior Engagement Manager
Career Level: 8 Associate Manager
Salary: £42,000 - £70,000 depending upon skills and experience
Job type: Permanent
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
What responsibilities will you have?
The Senior Engagement Manager (SEM) encompasses the responsibilities of the Engagement Manager (EM) and in addition must 1) have a greater level of project management experience, 2) display a higher level of initiative in performing day to day duties, and 3) show effective ownership of multiple concurrent engagements. In addition, they must be able and willing to provide advice and guidance pro-actively to less experienced colleagues.
The SEM must be able to lead other EM’s within the context of delivering multiple, concurrently running billable engagements.
The SEM is assigned an internal working team, known as a ‘POD’ which contains a number of Consultant’s who report to that SEM for all non-project related items. The ‘POD’ group meet regularly on a bi-weekly basis to discuss how everyone is tracking with their work and it is expected the SEM will provide the necessary line management support to each consultant in their ‘POD’.
The employee shall meet with the Principal Engagement Manager (PEM), 1-to-1 on an informal basis once per month, formally on a quarterly basis and once every six months for a semi-annual performance review. All SEM’s and EM’s will meet as a team on a regular basis and report directly to the PEM.
As part of being a billable resource and utilising technical resources, the SEM will also report to and work with the Resource and Talent Development Manager (RTDM) on a regular basis to ascertain which resources are available for their project(s).
The SEM has ownership for end to end delivery of Professional Services (PS) ServiceNow engagements. Responsible for scope, budget and timelines throughout all engagements.
- Engagement Management
- Work with the sales team to understand the solution that has been designed and the specific client requirements, to ensure a seamless handover between sales and PS.
- Work with PS Leadership team to manage engagements in-line with business priorities.
- Customer Surveys
- Brief customer on the survey process and our expectations throughout the engagement
- Average Customer Satisfaction score >/= 9.00
- Average 2 surveys returned per completed engagement
- Engagement budget
- Delivery within engagement budget (for Fixed Price) or on engagement budget (for Time and Expenses)
- Implement strict change control to minimise scope creep
- Engagement Scope
- Clear and consistent use of RIDAC
- Raise risks and issues internally within Accenture in a timely manner
- Resource Management
- Submit and manage resource requests in a timely manner where practical
- Work with the PS Resource Manager to adjust and prioritise resource requests as required by the business demand
- Provide constructive direct and indirect feedback on engagement resources
- Day to day leadership and management of the PS delivery team assigned to the engagement
- Opportunity Identification
- Manage relationship with client and identify any areas for upsell (additional business) to the account manager in a timely manner.
- Business Development
- Work closely with the PS leadership team to establish and maintain high performance standards.
- Work with the sales team to feedback on the solution design and Statement of Work, thus reduce the delivery risk for future engagements.
- Ownership for at least 1 PS internal activity, dependent upon availability.
- Drive standardisation and knowledge sharing across PS.
- Assist wider PS leadership team in reviewing PS deployment approach and methodologies to increase customer satisfaction, reduce timelines, reduce risk & reduce unbillable activity.
- Personnel Management
- 1st line manager for group within the delivery team, responsible for career management, setting objectives and managing performance against these objectives.
- Identify training requirements for the individuals within the team in a timely manner.
- Adherence to Accenture processes
- Timecard submission by 0800 Monday morning.
- Timecard approval/rejection by 0800 Tuesday morning where possible.
- Resource requests and changes submitted by 1000 Monday morning.
- Where possible, resource plans submitted and confirmed at least 2 months in advance.
The role objectives are broken down into five (5) key areas known as Work Themes which highlighted areas of key importance for all consultants to strive toward achieving. Each Work Theme directly corresponds to the overarching goals and objectives of Accenture.
Within each Work Theme are three (3) Work Areas which represent specific areas of focus that directly relate to the overarching Work Theme objective. It is the expectation of the Delivery Leadership team that each SEM must hone their craft within all Work Themes and Areas to excel as Engagement Managers.
These objectives are in place to allow each SEM to focus on key areas for them to continue driving their performance and understand the expectations of Accenture Management.