Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00488380 00488380_en
Role: Accelerated Research and Development Services Senior Manager
Location: London based
Salary: £90,000 - £120,000
Closing Date: 24/07/17
Join Accenture Consulting and you’ll work alongside fellow industry experts to lead transformational projects, and define cutting edge solutions, solving our client’s most complex issues. And because our clients span the full range of industries - Including 94 of the Fortune 100 - you’ll have the opportunity to pursue your passion, hone your expertise and deepen your knowledge.
As a Consulting practitioner you’ll work with clients to improve the way they conduct R&D in the process of developing new drugs. The work you do will help provide innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies focus on the science of getting new products to patients faster - across research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. By joining Accenture’s ARDS team, you will embark on a fast paced career path to Managing Director that will allow you to utilize your deep industry experience and specialized skills to design, sell and lead industry defining transformation programs. In this role you’ll use your expertise to drive opportunity—for the company and for yourself—while maintaining the flexibility you need to keep your career ahead of the curve.
Products Technology – Accelerated Research and Development Services
ARDS spans all five of Accenture’s businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients. Are you ready to help our clients to solve business problems by designing, building and implementing strategies and operating models that enhance business performance? Do you want to help the biggest brands understand how business, technology and operations intersect and help them simplify their existing IT investments, better connect them to the rest of the business and improve their agility? Are you capable of leveraging progressive business ideas and emerging technologies to drive and deliver transformational change?
If yes then ARDS is the place for you to grow your reputation as you become an Accenture leader! As consulting practitioners, we work to simplify and accelerate the journey from early research to regulatory approval and throughout the product lifecycle. We leverage our deep industry experience and customer insights to improve business outcomes and help our clients bring life-saving medicines to market. Our practice draws on:
- 3,000+ skilled R&D professionals across 30+ offices
- 1,000+ people with industry experience at a Top 50 pharmaceutical company
- 50+ years combined experience in R&D Consulting, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance and Clinical data services across more than 26 therapeutic areas
As an ARDS Senior Manager, you’ll often be:
· Solving key business problems and challenges by enabling Pharma R&D transformation, painting a picture of, and charting a journey from the current state to a “to-be” enterprise environment.
· Advising organizations on how to pivot to the “New IT”, enabling flexibility and adaptability within our client organizations through Agile and Multi-Speed IT.
· Overseeing the production and implementation of R&D technology solutions
· Helping to develop and expand the Pharma R&D consulting portfolio through thought leadership and opportunity identification.
· Called upon to apply your solid understanding of Pharma R&D technology solutions and disruptive technologies, including the following:
o Deep experience with processes and technologies associated with two or more of the following R&D domains: Research, Clinical, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs and Regulatory
o Excellent client facing skills and working with clients for the following types of activities: business process design, key configuration workshops, GAP identification, RICEW identification, Functional Design, Test Planning and Test Execution.
o Deep experience leading project teams across various consulting projects including Mergers and Acquisitions, R&D Transformation and Road mapping, Digital R&D, Clinical Standards etc.
You will have experience with most of the following:
· Experience managing client and vendor relationships with the ability to identify and articulate the value of new business
· Comfort conveying both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way ideas are presented to better address varying social styles and audiences.
· Pharma R&D advisory services
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills:
· Deep experience within one or more of the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Chemical industries.
· Experience working with Life Sciences R&D executives applying excellent client-facing communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· An ability to challenge a client's thinking by diplomatically providing an objective and independent point of view.
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· An ability to identify opportunities based on your deep understanding of our offerings and our client’s issues.
· Experience managing large teams through complex situations, adapting quickly and helping others navigate change.
· Experience structuring activities that play to a team's strengths and provide opportunities for others to grow.
· Experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions and closely partnering with clients to regularly confirm expectations are met and value delivered.
· Clear understanding of key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
· We offer a transparent approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues.
· You’ll benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools. Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits.
· You'll have access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends.
· Competitive rewards linked to fast-paced progression.
· You’ll also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 24/07/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.