Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00480789 00480789_en
Senior Manager – Digital Industries – Upstream
Asset & Operations Services,
Accenture is a recognized global leader in business consulting, process transformation and the application of technologies to business. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments.
The Accenture Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Management Consulting, Industry Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities for our professionals to develop highly specialized skills while advancing their careers. Our Resources operating group serves Global 2000 clients in Energy, Chemicals, Metals, Mining, and Utilities.
How can the digital revolution enable the upstream industry to unlock trapped value? Are there commonalities in the operating model for offshore Oil & Gas production and offshore Wind power generation that can drive new business models? Is good cyber security a must to support better energy security? How do we leap frog an Energy industry that sees both compressive disruption and struggles to attract the new ‘digital’ talent?
Join Accenture today and help us define & transform the Future of the Energy industry.
Be a part of a passionate, talented team who have created a world leading digital team, an experienced strategy team and unparalleled technology capabilities. An Accenture career is a successful career, with opportunities for accelerated progression and performance management tailored to you. As part of a 5,000-strong global community you’ll continue to learn from our leading industry experts who will help you maximise your strengths and build upon your specialisation.
Asset and Operations Services is a specialist group within the Industry Consulting team that provides our Resources clients with industry leading solutions and services that enable them to build and operate their facilities and assets in a reliable, safe, cost effective, and sustainable manner. An important aspect of our work is to apply digital solutions and services to help our clients transform to a new way of working – focusing around worker safety and productivity, asset performance, operations optimisation, and innovative and effective supply chains. We collaborate with technology alliance partners as we work with our clients to strategically assess opportunities and customize solutions that address their challenges to achieve their corporate strategies and priorities.
The Energy industry is known for its deep technical experience and realisation of complex projects. At the same time, it is now facing a demand compression and the commoditization of new digital technologies that could bring the opportunity to unlock trapped value in the value chain from subsurface to terminal. Accenture’s Digital Industries Energy Operations team works at the intersection of industry understanding and digital capabilities. Aim is to bring the best of Accenture’s capabilities & investments into the digital ‘new’, into the context of the Energy industry and be engaged in conversations with the industry to identify, shape and deliver digital transformation.
Accenture is looking to recruit a Senior Manager within our Asset and Operations Services Industry Consulting practice in the UK to work within the Resources operating group with an focus on the Upstream and Oilfield Services / EPCM portfolio. We are looking for people that have a proven track record in operating successfully in both large and smaller client environments.
With a specialist focus on Upstream solutions and service, this role will work as a practice lead to support our client account and project teams throughout the life cycle from innovation, sales & business development, through consulting and advisory engagements, to the design and delivery of solutions and services.
The successful candidate will bring affinity in the industry domain knowledge, applying digital solutions and preferably a good understanding of Industry X.O manufacturing thinking. They will have the opportunity to build a leadership career working with colleagues focused on digital transformation within asset- and energy-intensive industries. This is a growth role with a clear path to Managing Director position in either a wider practice leadership role or a client account leadership role.
This opportunity requires an ability to build & maintain relationships, use Accenture’s innovation architecture to help clients identify value improvement opportunities and organize programs to ensure tangible performance benefits are realized. It also requires a broad knowledge of how to architect solutions that exploit the convergence of IT (business applications) with OT (operational, real-time systems and automation) systems combined with process and organization transformation.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, consulting practitioner that brings a passion for the opportunities that digital offers the upstream and upstream services industry. Accenture seeks high-energy professionals that thrive in a highly collaborative environment where team success takes priority over individual metrics.
In addition, the candidate will need to apply personal skills in people development & client engagement management, while exhibiting thought leadership in leading industry and digital practices and approaches. Proven value architecting experience will help you in identifying where Accenture can help clients unlock trapped value.
B.Sc. or M.Sc. in related science or engineering subjects is highly desirable given the nature of the work and the typical background of our client counterparts.
Ambition for accelerate growth is essential, with a clear perspective on how you will make a near term impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Build and maintain effective networks and relationships with key industry contacts, clients and alliance partners including representing Accenture and/ or speaking at relevant industry forums and conferences – market relevance
· Support the development of Accenture solutions, assets and project accelerators including new and innovative end-to-end business services as an active member of the Asset and Operations Services practice – innovation and practice development
· Work with account teams to understand clients’ needs to identify and respond to market opportunities. Support the preparation of compelling value propositions and proposals that result in increased win rates and improved average daily rates for the management consulting workforce – entrepreneurial
· Work within delivery teams as a subject matter expert, a project/team lead or as a delivery team member supporting through different stages of a project lifecycle from initial assessments to solution go-live to achieve project commercial objectives and client outcomes – delivery outcome focused.
Required Skills & Experience
· 7-12 years of experience and a proven consultancy practitioner background.
· Understanding of the Upstream and EPCM/OFS industry
· Good client contacts and industry network is highly desirable
· Has worked in Project/Program delivery roles in the above areas of expertise. Well developed value architecting skills
· Articulated perspective in Digital technologies and their application within Asset and Operations solutions and services
· Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong interpersonal skills, team-player
· Willing to travel to domestic and international locations
A competitive compensation package will be offered to include base salary, bonus potential, equity award potential, and market competitive benefits. Relocation assistance will be provided if required.
This is a growth role, for people having the ambition to lead a wider part of Accenture’s Industry Consulting practice or take on Client Account Leadership role for our larger accounts.
Preferred location in either London or Aberdeen, with expected travel to upstream locations around North Sea, Middle East and possibly Latin America.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.