Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00480730 00480730_en-GB
The Commodities Trading & Risk Management practice is a part of Accenture's successful Resources business which has grown significantly over the past year and remains on a strong growth trajectory. We are a community of over 70 professionals with deep industry subject matter expertise and proven delivery experience, with a further 400 colleagues from our Chemicals, Natural Resources, Energy, Utilities and Technology growth platforms supporting execution on our projects. We are led by an experienced senior management team and as a practice we have a strong focus on mentoring and training. Supported by Accenture's global research group we develop client-relevant thought leadership and we are arranged internally into capability development communities
Through our Account teams, we play a critical role in helping Accenture's clients become High Performance Commodities Trading businesses. We have developed trusted relationships with senior management within the Business and Technology from the Front Office and back through the key operational, support and control functions. We have a wide breadth of clients and our Account management teams are led by people with extensive knowledge of our clients' business and operational goals and concerns.
As a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, Accenture's work in Commodities Trading & Risk Management is diverse. As an introduction, over the last year we have:
· Individuals will have experience of working within a commodity trading environment with an understanding of the physical and financial markets in gas, power, LNG, oil and refined products. They should be either from an industry (energy or commodity trading), consulting or application development background
· They should have excellent product knowledge of Endur across Trading Manager, Market Manager, Reference Explorer, Front and Back office desktops, Connex and Operational services
· From a functional perspective, individuals will likely have experience of working within one or more of the following disciplines:
o Regulation - EMIR, REMIT, Dodd Frank, MiFID etc.
o Risk management - cross commodity risk management, analytics, market and credit risk
o Trade processing - from trade capture to settlements (clearing, settlement, confirmation, operations and logistics, accounting, etc). Understand trade flows and data captured to support trade processing
· They should have in-depth knowledge and experience in Open Components .NET design and development with strong fundamentals in OOPS and Solid principles. Experience in JVS programming and Open Components Java will be good to have
· Must have good functional and business knowledge in Endur across Front Office, Risk and Back office in the areas of Deal modelling and structure, APM, Simulations, EOD batch /risk reports,, Invoices, Settlement and Accounting
· Ability to work with senior clients & business users and also to interface with offshore teams.
· Well-developed analytical skills including ability to work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesize large amounts of information and highlight salient points
· Candidates should have the ability to investigate and resolve live support issues in Production
· We expect the candidate to have the ability to work with other members of on and off-shore IT teams in particular 1st-line / DevOps teams
1. Delivery Within Energy and Commodity Application Management Service (AMS)
· Working within support teams to support client AMS services
· Working with a team to manage applications within the required Business and IT SLAs
· Managing Incidents, Problems and Change tickets across a globally dispersed team
· Ensuring strong business communication during critical service outages
· Providing a consolidated view across a large landscape of application relating to Crude Products & Shipping related CTRM activities
· Driving Continual Service Improvement initiatives to increase service efficiency
· Work with business to translate project requirements into functional designs and work with delivery teams on implementation.
2. Working Alongside Clients and Building Relationships
· Be able to demonstrate credibility to work alongside/with client SME’s and team leaders.
· Developing trusted relationships with clients, target clients and internal experts as part of project delivery.
· Understanding and representing Accenture’s Energy and Commodities Trading capabilities with clients and acting as a trusted partner.
· Helping to build an understanding of our clients’ business and challenges and participating in identifying solutions for their business needs within the Accenture Commodities Trading & Risk Management team.
· Working with blended client and Accenture project teams and helping to establish working relationship within a team environment.
3. Building Part of Accenture’s Energy Trading Capability
· Supporting the creation of “Thought Leadership” assets and participating in Communities of Practice within Accenture as part of specialist teams that meet specific client challenges.
· Support the building of Accenture’s Commodities Trading & Risk Management practice through people development and mentoring of more junior team members.
· Helping to build Accenture assets and accelerators that can be used to enhance practice offerings.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.