Business Integration Team Lead/Associate Manager
Location: London, Manchester
Remuneration: £43,000 to £80,000
Job Sector: Accenture Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Travel: up to 100% (variable)
Welcome to Accenture, one of the world's leading providers of technology and management consulting services. Accenture is answering real business challenges for our clients through innovation and deep industry knowledge. Do you want to work in an environment where the bar is raised every day and high performance is just the entry ticket? In return, you will be working for an employer recognised for:
- Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for
- A Top employer within The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
Successful applicants will work across a wide variety of industry sectors including financial services, communications and media, utilities, government, health and public service, and retail. The role will involve spending a large proportion of time at client sites so flexibility with work location is essential.
Key features of the role:
Working in Business Integration within our Advanced Technology and Architecture group, you will help define scope and requirements for complex business problems, writing use cases or user stories, and creating functional designs. You will also describe the expected behaviour of the system and its integration with other IT systems in enterprise architecture including API (Application Programming Interface) designs.
You will be part of an Accenture or a client team, working closely with the Business and IT stakeholders from our clients or third party team(s) to understand and define their business requirements and develop/evolve the functional design.
What we're looking for:
Business Integration Team Leads and Associate Managers will lead the functional and non-functional requirement elicitation and/or drive the functional design. The candidate should be familiar with other aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
You should have previous experience working in Technology Delivery as a Senior Business Analyst, Functional Architect or Product Owner, and have also been involved in creation of technical designs and/or test models. It is highly desirable to have worked in API (Application Programming Interface) design or requirement definition, as well as other SDLC experience from your previous roles.
You have some technical experience from previous roles and experience performing a functional expert role to drive requirements, define functional designs, and test models (as necessary). You apply both functional knowledge and technical expertise during Requirements Analysis to deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
You will be working from client site hence flexibility to travel is mandatory for this role.
- Eliciting, analysing and documenting using a variety of requirements elicitation techniques and providing both functional and technical expertise.
- Organising and leading requirement gathering/functional design workshops with stakeholders and users
- Creating functional and high-level technical designs working with Accenture and client teams, including ability to design APIs. Familiarity with API first development will be an advantage
- Establishing and managing requirements traceability to verify requirements coverage and completeness
- Ability to represent business interests i.e. challenging tactical or solution type requirements/short term fixes, that could possibly hinder future flexibility and cost of ownership.
- Supervising the design and implementation of analyses that will identify requirements related to people, processes and technology
- Work with Project Managers to deliver quality, effective software in line with their existing development process.
- Assisting in identifying, analysing, mitigating and responding to project and operational risks
- Adopting or establishing an efficient and effective set of processes and standards to continuously improve quality
- Assisting in determining resource status and needs, and assisting in deploying resources
- Mentoring of team members and business analysts
- Working with client stakeholders to ensure that captured requirements are measurable, testable and have an associated business benefit
- Excellent client stakeholder engagement skills.