Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00475215 00475215_en-GB
Role: Robotics Consultant - Resources
Mobility: up to 100%
Closing date: 05.06.17
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Are you ready to be at the forefront of the New and Digital IT revolution? Are you ready to define the value and reality of new Digital platforms and Robotics technologies to some of the world’s biggest companies? If yes then Accenture’s Technology Consulting Digital practice is the place for you to catapult your consulting career and take it to the next level. As part of Accenture Consulting you’ll work alongside fellow industry experts to advise clients on transforming their businesses by using powerful new technologies.
Robotics Process Automation has the potential to create unprecedented opportunities for organisations, changing every aspect of their business, from how they interact with customers to how they operate their networks and assets. We are currently seeking experienced Robotics Process Automation Practitioners to join the Resources Client Service Group, which is responsible for managing client relationships and providing industry insight and experience across the Energy, Utilities, Chemicals and Natural Resources industries. Our Practitioners in Resources are already shaping the future of 96 of the 137 Resources companies listed in the Fortune Global 500.
Our Robotics Practitioners define, design and implement Robotics capabilities, operating models and corresponding Data Architectures, Governance and Toolsets – leading the way throughout the transformational journey. This role will define the overarching architecture that enables and releases the value of Robotic process automation; ultimately to gain competitive advantage and to add value. This role will build deep client relationships at senior levels and work with colleagues within Accenture Technology, Accenture Digital and the Resources practice to orchestrate these new technology solutions. Accenture consulting practitioners fuse together the power of Accenture’s 5 businesses; strategy, consulting, technology, digital and operations to bring an unmatched breadth and depth of offerings for our clients.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference to our clients are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape.
As a Senior Robotics Practitioner you’ll often be required to;
· Work with senior clients and C-suite stakeholders to orchestrate strategies and opportunities where best to leverage cutting edge Robotics technology for greatest strategic impact/ competitive advantage.
· Assist our clients to define the value case for Robotics technology & delivering high paced value creation.
· Lead and contribute to Robotic Process Automation Solution architecture studies and more general technology and digital centric application architecture planning & delivery enablement.
· Provide overall program management, leading transformational programs from Solution Transformation Analysis, Design to Implementation Planning and Change Management.
· Use experience and SME knowledge to provide overall Program reviews, diagnostics and recovery planning to relevant programs and projects.
· Providing Program and Project Services both ‘new IT’ methods and tools (e.g. Agile/ Scrum, DevOps, Design Thinking) and traditional delivery methods.
· Define and carve out solutions to solve client business problems that take advantage of Robotics Process Automation.
· Developing and managing CIO/CTO and other C-suite client relationships; advising and selling work through the relationships forged.
· Undertaking sales origination, including working with other Accenture teams in identifying opportunities to grow a successful practice.
Required Capabilities and Qualifications
· Proven ability to shape and lead IT transformation through provision of strategy, consulting, digital and technology and operations services in collaboration with our partners within and outside of Accenture.
· Deep knowledge and experience in Robotics Process Automation Technology and Deployment.
· An ability to identify opportunities for value creation based on this deep understanding of Robotics Process Automation.
· A passion and commitment to New Technologies and a drive to influence the way these are evolving and delivered.
· Clear understanding of key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the Resources industry (Energy, Utilities, Chemicals and Natural Resources).
· Extensive Project/ Programme Management experience, with professional qualification a bonus. Including evident experience of end-to-end life cycle of products, including evident knowledge of
§ system and solution architecture design (functional & technical),
§ testing (strategies, approach and plans - all testing phases (integration, functional and non-functional testing, technical testing End to End, UAT etc.)
§ Support and Change Management
· Understanding of the Resources industry (Energy, Utilities, Chemicals and Natural Resources).
· An ability to challenge a client's thinking by diplomatically providing an objective and independent point of view.
· Ability to effectively communicate the implications of complex technical concepts to senior, non-technical audiences.
Leadership qualities (for senior positions)/ desired Leadership qualities to aspire to (for junior positions)
· Confidence in presenting challenging points of view to Director- and Executive-level clients (i.e. CTO/CIO).
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior IT and business executives.
· Ability to grow a strong team of Managers, Consultants and Business Analysts.
· Leading, mentoring and developing our people.
· Experience structuring activities that play to a team's strengths and provide opportunities for others to grow.
· Insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry.
· An ability to inspire teams to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe.
· Experience managing large teams through complex situations, adapting quickly and helping others navigate change.
In return Accenture offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package including an award winning pension scheme, share save scheme, subsidised gym membership, private health care, life assurance, cycle to work schemes, career counselling and 30 days annual leave.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 05/06/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.